1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Miller....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Feb 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

2. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Maybe that's where a player like Grant WIlliams comes in.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

This is the way, Miller will be like Young PG. Fall to #3

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Remind me more of a less athletic T-Mac than PG13.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. OremLK

OremLK Member

I've been saying he's Danny Granger, but another guy he reminds me (something about the shot mechanics) is Kevin Martin. Bigger and stronger obviously. But similar offensive ceiling IMO.

saleem likes this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

hopefully more like Granger than Martin on the defensive end ;)

OremLK likes this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Maybe offensively, but hopefully not defensively - Kevin Martin was abysmal on defense. Miller seems to be more of a classical shooter when he shoots in that he sets and shoots. With Martin, you had no idea how or when he could release the ball for the shot. He had some crazy off-balance shots I still remember. Miller's deep shots look way more deliberate where he takes his sweet time, seems to dip the ball down a lot, before going up for his shot.

rhee and OremLK like this.
  9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, that was solely an offensive comp, I'm aware Miller is already a much better defender than Kevin Martin ever was. (That said, I do not believe Miller will be an all-defensive type of player, I think he's more just solid.)

10. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

70 talent, 30 name.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Brandon Miller Not Currently In 'Great Shape', Interviews 'Have Not Gone Great'

Brandon Miller is the type of multi-dimensional wing that every team in the NBA covets considering how he could become a very productive player even if he doesn't reach his ceiling. Miller's talent and position has put him under consideration to be drafted as high as No. 2 by the Charlotte Hornets.

But there are still questions surrounding Miller's involvement in the killing of Jamea Jonae Harris and his interviews reportedly have not gone well in addition to his current conditioning level.

"Every team is looking for this type of player," said ESPN's Jonathan Givony on Zach Lowe's podcast. "Six-nine, big guard, can handle the ball. Pass out of pick and roll. Make shots off the dribble. Defend multiple positions. Rebound. That's what people are looking for.

"At the same time, he's not in great shape right now. So I don't know how great his workout is going to be.

"His interviews have not been great, I've been told. Both publicly and privately with NBA teams.

"I would put it 60 percent Brandon Miller at two, 40 percent Scoot Henderson. I do think they're going to have trade conversations too. I would be shocked if they traded [the pick]. They would be out of their minds honestly. The best thing in the world that could have happened for them is getting the No. 2 pick."

12. conquistador#11

He is like Jalen Carter with a basketball.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

ESPN’s NBA analyst Adrian Wojnarowski revealed

“Teams have already spent a lot of time and resources on that particular event and the background of Brandon Miller,” Wojnarowski said. “And what I’m getting back from those organizations is not only did they not find anything that they would consider disqualifying to select Brandon Miller, they are finding a young man who they say is mature, focused, whose character and his habits are actually an asset in their evaluation of him.”

14. i3artow i3aller

15. conquistador#11

Then someone really wants him to fall down to them.

16. jayydela

jayydela Member

He's either going to be Danny Granger or taller Buddy Hield

17. invocux

invocux Member

Pretty slow release but solid handles, can create his own shots, seems to be a decent playmaker. The saddest thing is this kid is absolutely better than Jabari. We really shouldn't have drafted Jabari.

18. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

19. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Dude is tripping.

Denovo, sirjesse and i3artow i3aller like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.