1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Marshall Makes a Mockery Out of Practice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Shaud, Aug 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You would have to be a SUPER HARDCORE Broncos junky to know him, or a older UofH fan...More people would probably recognize him from Houston rather than the Broncos I think....
    I think he still has the record of most points in a game by a kicker. He had 19 or something against Texas Tech in 83...http://www.uhcougars.com/auto_pdf/p...orts/m-footbl/auto_pdf/single-game-milestones
    "Mike Clendenen"

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

No need to feel sorry for him. He signed there.

3. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Does anyone remember Michael Irvin's HOF speech? Check out the sixth minute on at least....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48exPWdPfFY

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I totally understand where you're coming from. TO's outbreaks are more detrimental chemistry and team wise as MI's legal problems could be avoided by not answering the media's questions.

I'm just sayin that either way its a distraction, they take focus off the game and put it on a player Marshall and TO are by far not the worst at throwing tantrums but are the latest therefore they attract more attention.

Marshall, IMO, is far from a TO or Michael Irvin He wants a new team with a fresh start and he's determind to make it happen even if he looks like a total douche in the process.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well I didn't think your dad was Jason Elam but I figured maybe it could have been Jim Turner. :eek: :p ;)

6. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Can't find a link but apparently McDaniels said that he will not supply Marshall with a playbook during his suspension.

This was apparently stated today in a 1:00pm press conference after the Broncos morning practices.

It looks to me like McDaniels isn't expecting much cooperation out of Marshall this season.

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

before TO, there was keyshawn johnson

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Broncos are a mess.

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

They were drafted the same year I think, but I know what you mean.

10. Jayou

Jayou Member

When was the monster called T.O. first created? Was it the celebration on the Dallas midfield star as a 49er or something earlier?

I always remember when he caught the winning TD in OT against the Packers as being his first great moment...

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think when he called Jeff Garcia gay. Seems like that is when people started to think he was a jerk.

12. sbyang

sbyang Member

TO probably got it from watching the NBA. Lets face it, the biggest divas are in the NBA, Brandon Marshall's stunts are nothing compared to what nba guys do, you know Iverson does stuff like this during practice all the time. Vince Carter actually did this stuff during games.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Few people remember when TO was fighting with JJ Stokes to be the heir apparent to Jerry Rice. Just that kid from the small-time college with a problem with dropping balls. Hoooo boy did things change once Steve Young retired.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

I remember Stokes I think he was number 83. Didn't Bill Romanowski spit in his face?

15. Jayou

Jayou Member

That's him.

16. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Yes - good memory. The ironic thing is that Romanowski once played with the 49ers (won a superbowl with them, I believe).

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Yup, highly touted out of UCLA, supposed to replace John Taylor as the new Rice sidekick back in 1993. He never lived up to the hype, after the Niners finally cut him I think he was out of football within a year or so.

18. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Few people remember that a young T.O took his on-field diva like persona from Jerry Rice. (Jerry was just smarter and played the media better than T.O did/does)

19. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I was thinking Rich Karlis or Tom Rouen... :D

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Since Jerry Rice worked harder than anyone else and knew when to keep his mouth shut, even if he had diva issues they weren't nearly as bad as TO and the Sportscenter machine.