1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Marshall Makes a Mockery Out of Practice

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Shaud, Aug 28, 2009.

Tags:
  1. TheBigAristotle

Exactly man. I'd deck the **** outta that guy in practice.

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Where was Brian Dawkins? :confused: ;)

3. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Do you remember Terry Glenn's act back in the 90s? He was such a pain, Bill questioned his manhood?

Look at this quote talking about wide receivers from the NYtimes from 1976

Receivers have always been pains in the ass.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Do you also blame Favre for the Cutler situation?

5. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Players don't receive paychecks during the preseason, just a stipend. They get their actual paycheck throughout the regular season.

So unfortunately this b*stard will still get paid- for now.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Quoting this post because it needs to be read, read, read, and read some more! Thank you for saying this - I felt like the only Bronco fan who felt this way about "Mike the Mastermind". When he drafted that idiot, Clarett, I knew he thought he was "invincible". The thing is, just like dskillz said, Shanahan was soft on the players and treated drafts like a joke. He ran through D-Coordinators like they were toilet paper and the Broncos were always signing FAs that were defenders every season. Other than getting Champ Bailey from the Skins for Portis, there weren't many moves that "the Mastermind" made that I felt turned out good for them.

He used the excuse of winning 2 superbowls to pretty much do whatever the hell he wanted and have no accountability for it. Yet it was Elway and Terrell Davis that won those Super Bowls for him - he just rode their coattails. The fact that he only won 1 playoff game after they left spoke volumes to me.

It's unfortunate that McDaniels has to go through this but I blame Pat Bowlen for letting this happen. It is like a sore that has been allowed to fester for too long - something has finally been done about it but waiting as long as they have has caused even more problems, IMO.

Have to agree with Nugs - if we win 5 games this season, it will be a miracle.

7. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

What a bonehead. I guess his plan is to keep this act up until he gets traded? Man, things are so bad in Denver that this McDaniels guy will be lucky to survive the season.

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

He loved attention (and strippers and blow) but he was a pro on game day and according to his teammates practices as hard or harder than anybody.

He never pulled crap like that.

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Same thing with TO but everyone seems to hate him and compare what Marshall is doing to him, his off the field and locker room antics were what killed him.

Not a TO fan at all, just sayin.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

The difference from my perspective is the way TO eventually points fingers at others and trashes his QB and Coaches. That spreads throughout the team and tears it apart.

Irving's coke and hookers may have spread through the team but I don't think it spread to ESmith22 and Aikman and it didn't divide the team the way TO seems to do.

11. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope the team maintains a hard line stance on Marshall's crap. Don't give in and trade him. If he continues the bullcrap, keep suspending him. I have a feeling that once real game-day checks are at stake, suddenly he'll start making an effort. But if not, if he really continues to take this jackassery to the next level, I would love to see the guy end up without a job because NO teams want to put up with this level of garbage.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So snortin coke and messin with hookers is worse than having a big mouth and wanting the ball every possesion, wow. Either way they are unwanted distractions to me MI's worse than TO's.

13. Major

Major Member

Can you name anything Irvin did anywhere in his career that caused problems at the level that TO did in the Philly locker room his last season there?

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Except teams routinely tear it up. I have no sympathy for the players or organizations.

15. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I wonder what the lowest win total for a division is all-time. I think the AFC West might push it this year. The Chargers are basically handed 6 wins, so you figure they'll probably go at least 9-7. Other than that, it's hard to see any team winning more than 5 games, and that's pushing it.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Does this work for you:

Pearlman writes that Michael Irvin, incensed that tackle Everett McIver, in mid-haircut, would not leave a barber chair at training camp in 1998 so Irvin could get his haircut first, stabbed McIver in the neck. McIver was rushed to the hospital and survived, but not without losing a lot of blood. Irvin's silence on the charge has been deafening. I asked a Cowboy who played on that team if the story was true. "Absolutely,'' the Cowboy said. "I'm surprised it was kept quiet over the years.''

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/09/21/Week3/4.html#ixzz0PV5hRIRH

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( I miss Steve:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvPxzQBIafo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvPxzQBIafo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. Mac#5

Mac#5 Member

i feel bad for brian dawkins... hes at the end of a hall of fame career and should be on a team contending for a super bowl but hes in a bad situation like this

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Perhaps I should clarify my earlier statement. I never said T.O. was the first to start acting like a primma donna and being an overall pain in the ass to his team, that isn't a new concept. And I never said Marshall's situation is a direct consequence of TO's actions. When I said "I blame TO" what I really should have said is "I blame TO and ESPN"

Of course WRs have been acting this way before T.O. (Michael Irvin may not be the best example, but Joey Galloway sat out an entire season in Seattle due to a contract dispute.)

What I meant was that TO's overall mantra of "me me me me" has been so exacerbated and overblown by the media that it got to the point where his *******-ish, egocentric actions were getting him the attention he was after. This only seems to be rubbing off on some other guys in the league. You think Brandon Marshall would actually half-ass it during games? Hell no, he wants to be on Sportscenter that night for torching a Secondary just like anyone else.

The point I made is that TO's behavior seemed to set a precedent that even if an athlete acts like a complete douchebag be it by alienating teammates, dividing locker rooms, making ridiculously narcissistic comments, pouting about contract, all of the above, etc, etc... it was somehow overlooked as long as he went out on Sunday and caught 6-7 balls for a buck fifty and a touchdown.

So, if anything... blame the sensationalism of media.

20. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Nice Play.

I'm not condoning the use of blow or hookers and certainly not stabbing people in the neck (probably while high on said blow)... I'm just saying that what TO does in the locker room, tearing teams apart, is more detrimental to the team in my opinion.

Irving played for one team his whole career and TO was run out of town even with All Pro numbers 3 times now.