1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Lloyd's on the trade block: yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vinsensual, Oct 13, 2011.

?

Brandon Lloyd?

1. Eh might as well.

99 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. No more bronco inbreeding.

19 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Wait ...wait wait...are you saying Schaub has pocket presence?

DD

2. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Way more than Carr ever did.

3. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Well yeah, that is true....lol.

DD

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think you're going too far with this, DaDa.

You don't throw for 4,000 yards in the NFL without pocket presence. He doesn't have escapability when it breaks down..but he's not without pocket presence. Their OL is good...it's not so good that it allows for a QB without pocket presence to throw for 4,000 yards, though.

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yeah, I conceded that....

DD

6. YaosDirtyStache

DD, name 5 quarterbacks not named Brees Manning Rivers Brady or Rodgers you would rather have chucking the ball than Schaub?

On no world does he "choke", especially last game. Clearly a problem between Jacoby and his awful job at creating space and finishing routes. We have no "high quality athletes" on this team on offense minus AJ.

OD is no where near the Finley or Pettigrews of the world. MS cant just chuck it to his TE every time. Our receivers outside of AJ are pretty awful at just about everything...Matt aint the problem. You are the problem, and by that I mean you are an ungrateful fan who believes this team could be better lead by anyone not named Matt Schaub.

7. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

I could only name Roethlisberger

8. YaosDirtyStache

Same here, wouldnt be surprised to see DD name Colt, Tebow and Newton..

His hard on for overhyped white players and flash in the pan rookies will definitely surface if he answers my question.

9. The Real Shady

I would take Newton over Schaub just because of his youth and potential. But if I had to win this one season only I would go with Schaub.

10. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Funny how they actually decided to invest higher draft picks in the line and develop a set scheme as well.

In the end, most QB's have little success when under constant pressure. And the younger they are, the less likely they will develop into anything useful.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Lets get this thread back on track!! Any rumor updates?!

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I won't be bummed out if he doesn't end up here but please don't let him end up in Tennessee!

13. Maximus

Maximus Member

I would take a lot of QB's over Schaub

14. thejav

thejav Member

Who that could be availble would u take to replace schaub?

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Schaub handles the pressure well, unlike Carr.

http://houston.sbnation.com/houston-texans/2011/5/12/2167561/matt-schaub-blitz-stats-2010-nfl

"Either way, Schaub puts up some pretty solid numbers against the blitz as well. Despite getting blitzed on nearly 40% of his dropbacks, Schaub completed 61.9% of his passes against the blitz, which is good for fifth in the NFL. The touchdown to interception ratio is a much less impressive 8:5, however. Make of that data what you will. Much like the deep ball data, I believe fans tend to think that Schaub is much worse under pressure than he actually is. He probably isn't as good as the pass completion percentage makes him out to be, but there are much worse options out there."

So he throws a good deep ball and he throws well when getting blitzed. I'm fine with Schaub as our QB. Our problems are elsewhere.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Stafford? Newton (in 2 yrs). But you're right Schaub is decent. He's not elite. Fans would appreciate him alot more if Leinart got out there. Now he sucks.

17. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

You are clearly a corporate ********ing homer who believes everything "Daddy" tells you. Schaub is a problem, his constant underthrows and overthrows of his recievers, when he gets pressured he doesn't even attempt to make a play, he just throws it at the feet of the nearest lineman. Scared to take a hit, cant step up in the moment. (Ravens game last year, Cardinals game year before, both GW pick sixes btw, Raiders game) He simply is not clutch. And that last game was not all on Jacoby. Jacoby wasn't the one who kept getting his passes deflected over and over again.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

In before the rookiefication

19. The Real Shady

Why don't you give credit to his game's last year when he was clutch? KC and the Jets?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I wonder if this post is racially motivated.