1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Lloyd's on the trade block: yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by vinsensual, Oct 13, 2011.

?

Brandon Lloyd?

1. Eh might as well.

99 vote(s)
    83.9%
  2. No more bronco inbreeding.

19 vote(s)
    16.1%
  1. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

I was reading somewhere that Jared Allen maybe on the trading block?

2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...cole_trade_deadline_broncos_reggie_bush101311

That article mentions 14 players that should be on the move, and a lot of the "best fits" mentions Houston.

3. blackistan

blackistan Member

this is who we shouldve went after instead of mason

4. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

We could still technically go after him. Mason was had for a bag of chips.

Hope Kubiak's ties with Denver lower the price tag on him. Finally put Kubiak to good use.

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'd imagine either Chicago or St. Louis would be the other teams after him, not San Francisco. Cutler still needs a #1, and St. Louis just needs someone who can catch, plus McDaniels is probably begging for him.

6. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

That team went from one play away from going to the superbowl in 09 to rebuilding mode in 2011. Amazing how opportunity fades so fast.

7. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zNm14n5Da1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

crazy hands if u tell me

8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lloyd is undersized at the WR but has amazing hands. I think his size keeps him from being a great #1 option but if he was playing behind AJ as our #2 he would have so many more opportunities to get open since of course teams would be worrying about AJ. Wow it would be amazing if we got him. With Mason as our 3rd option and Daniels at TE we'd have our superbowl caliber receiving core. Also that would make Jacoby Jones the fastest waterboy in the league, as long as he doesn't constantly drop the gatoraid bottles.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

From that article...

"Obviously, Brandon was 50-percent kidding," Miami head coach Tony Sparano said. "I know one thing about that guy: He's not going to do anything to hurt this football team. I know the people in that locker room are important to him, and this guy has worked really hard."

-----------------

If that's a bipolar joke, it's damn good.:grin:

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I'm going to pull a DD and mention that both Brandon Lloyd and Brandon Marshall are on my fantasy team.

I've followed them both very closely this year for that reason and I can tell you either of them would be the 2nd best WR the Texans have ever had instantly. Either of them with a competent QB are top ten deep threats in the league.

11. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

if we had brandon marshall, our red zone offense would absolutely unstoppable.

12. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Would love to see Marshall in a Texan uniform "Jason Allen-ing" opposing CB's... yes , Allen has been downgraded to verb form....and deservingly so

13. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

14. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Better news would have been the Broncos being in play for Gary Kubiak

15. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Am I the only one who doesn't know the difference between Brandon Lloyd and Brandon Marshall? I honestly don't know which is which.

16. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

yes....

17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Article says they are hoping for between a 3-5 for him. I'd definitely give up a 5 for him.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Nuts on the dresser, nuts on the dresser, lookin' like a fool with your nuts on the dresser...

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Questions: Can he beat his man in coverage and come back twenty yards and make a catch for an under thrown ball? How's his blocking? And most importantly, can he battle-fight?

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Brandon Marshall is a beast of a WR similar to size of AJ. I'm not a cap expert, but wouldn't the Texans have to give up a lot of salary in order to trade for him?

Brandon Lloyd looks like the most logical and easier player to acquire.