1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandan Wright traded to the Suns

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by bratna8, Jan 9, 2015.

1. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

Well there goes a Dragic trade.

2. smr6

smr6 Member

Sounds like the Suns need a replacement pick.

Pelicans pick should do just nicely.

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Great deal for Phoenix, OKC might not make the playoffs after all.

DD

5. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Suns are only picking him up because they'll be sending us Plumlee with Dragic. :p

6. baubo

baubo Member

I don't know why people are freaked out. The Suns' odds of trading Dragic has always hinged on whether they're still in the playoff hunt at the deadline. I don't think Wright really move the needle. If anything, it's been mostly OKC and Spurs lack of being awesome that's keeping the Suns in it.

Regardless, there are going to be some teams looking to blow it up by the deadline. If not Phoenix, some other team will. And also, Pelicans pick is looking pretty set at #13, which is good news in a pretty nice draft coming up.

7. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Len is playing great, but Plumlee regressed from last season. That's how he lost starter's job, although he is still playing more minutes than Len. This will probably change with Wright's arrival, who's a better fit with the (starting) Morris than with Len, so he will play backup PF and C.

Still, Suns have nice frontcourt rotation of Morris/Wright and Len/Plumlee. Along with Memphis' trade for Green, West is becoming more ridicolous by the day.

8. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

How do you know that they dont need Dmo? They dont have anyone that can score inside, they dont ahve any low post threat. Len is better shooter and shot blocker. Dmo is legit 7 footer with execllent offense skills and he's D is getting better every game. Trust me there are many teams out there want Dmo

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

I think this move signifies that Phoenix is going to fight to make the last playoff spot this year and then figure out Dragic's contract/logjam at PG during the offseason.

So long to all of our dreams of trading for Dragic during this season. I know Bucher is an idiot, but I hope this doesn't mean that we fall back on trying to trade for Deron Williams instead......

10. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I don't understand the reasoning. For an 8th seed?

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Well I guess Bass and Thornton are available for 2nds right now, not that they would be worth anything to us.

12. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

The only way the Suns are making the playoffs is if a key contributor on OKC, Spurs, Clippers, blazers, Rockets, Mavs, Grizzles or Warriors get hurt.

13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Difference maker in the west?
    I don't understand what all the B Wright love is about. People are acting like he is the next Lamarcus aldridge or something? :confused:

Or better yet the next DMO :grin:

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Plowman faints

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

he's going to make phoenix better than okc, true story

16. Rokman

Rokman Member

Sources have told me Danny Ainge got real creative and hired a team of psychics to determine the future and found out that the 2015 Draft was as deep as the 1984 draft and he's gonna end up with an Olajuwon / Jordan / Barkley / Stockton type lineup. Psychics are the real future of basketball. Analytics is so 2012!