1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brady- The greatest NFL QB ever.

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ferrari77, Feb 1, 2015.

1. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

So while soothing away my sorrows as a Pats hater watching Darrell Bevell basically lose that game for the Seahawks, I came to the realization that TAHMMIE Brady is the greatest Quarterback the NFL has ever seen.

No question mark needed at the end of that statement.

Name another QB that has achieved all that he has?
    Montana? Who did Montana have on his offense the seasons he won his Superbowls?
    Elway? Manning?(Numbers but 1 ring to show for it)
    Unitas? Marino? Aikman? Favre?

It's Tommie f##king Brady. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:mad:

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I actually agree with you, but if you want to find common ground with everybody (as nobody can deny it) , Brady is the greatest QB of this generation.

3. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Deceptive. Never in the history of the NFL have the rules favored the quarterback like they do now. I'd take Elway before anyone.

4. 713

713 Member

Ryan Fitzpatrick?

5. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

all his superbowl runs are marred by cheating scandals though

6. ferrari77

Go find out who Elway had on offense during his trips to the Superbowl and then tell me who Brady had to throw the ball to and whose offensive targets you'd take.

7. ferrari77

Tell me about.

Regardless, the sonavabitch still handled his business w/o ever really having the better offensive options.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The individual statistics are certainly inflated due to the era he played in, but the results are not.

Relative to his peers he put up elite regular season numbers. 4 Super Bowls, and 6 appearances, all without an elite running game and a revolving door of receivers.

To me it's very hard to argue against him.

9. Major

Major Member

This is a pretty interesting argument. If the Seahawks run the ball and win the game, are we still talking about Brady as the greatest QB ever? And if not, why would one decision by the Seahawks that didn't affect anything Tom Brady did change the answer?

1 person likes this.
  10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

came in here to say this, but at the end of the day, i think it just comes down to the results.

i personally wasn't alive to watch montana so i can't say, but to me, he is the greatest QB of our generation. i know most will still have montana and brady at 1a and 1b though.

however, depending on the results of deflategate, i think many (i guess "haters" if you want to call them that) will have an asterisk next to brady's name.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

It wouldn't to me. Even in the first loss to the Giants he engineered a comeback drive for the win, just like this one. His defense failing/succeeding on the last drive doesn't change my opinion.

He is the GOAT, best regular season/postseason combo.

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Your argument begins and ends with he didn't have anyone on his team. This is a very very weak argument.

13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I still feel Montana is the goat QB.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I dunno. I'm on the fence with manning being the best of his era with Brady being next.

I'd like to ask myself five years from now.

I still think Montana or Elway is better.

15. ferrari77

Lolz.

(1) I don't need to bring up his stats-Completions, Yards, TD's or QBRating, they speak for themselves. If you don't know where he stands then go research that yourself. Also I didn't have to bring up the 4 SB wins and 6 appearances. I presumed everyone already knows that.

(2)I never said he didn't have anyone on his team.
    I said go compare the receiving options and offensive options he had overall to the QB you think is the best ever.

Then present your argument. Otherwise nothing else to say.

16. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

He is. He completed like 40 passes on a legendary defense. Did what Peyton couldn't do last year. Down 10 in the 4th, with multi 3rd downs. Truly incredible

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Seriously, aside from not liking him what is the legit argument against him?

He won more than anybody. Had poor offensive weapons, and put up monster numbers.

18. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Pretty much this. If Seahawks didn't get that lucky catch that fell into Kearse's lap, we wouldn't have this conversation with Lynch. If Tyree doesn't make that ridiculous catch, Brady would have 5. Not using these as excuses, but Brady is the All-Time greatest for what he's been able to do.

Literally has every postseason and super bowl record while also maintaining elite stats in the regular season and leading his team to consistent success. Also, he's never had a good running game and his receivers have been cycling, fluctuating, and he only had one legit year with an elite receiving corps. He's the greatest of all time.

The whole Montana argument as he's 4 for 4 and Brady 4 for 6 doesn't make sense to me. Sure, Montana went 4 for 4, but he only went 4 times. The other years he lost in the earlier rounds, just like Brady did in the 2 super bowls. Not to mention Montana had literally the best player ever in Jerry Rice. Making it 6 times is more impressive than making it 4 times. And now Brady's won just as many.

19. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I just don't see how you can still say Manning is better. Just don't. He literally beat the same team that absolutely destroyed Manning the year before. And although he had good weapons, they were no where near as good as what Manning had.

If you're judging passing ability, sure Manning might be a little better. But just in terms of being a quarterback, having physical and mental toughness, being clutch, and being a leader, Brady beats him out.

Only one still in the discussion with Brady is Montana.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

One of the best. The greatest, nope, the list of really great QB's is very long. Certainly one of the greatest. Some fans were calling for his retirement after the first few games of this season. Didn't he get benched in one of the early season games?