1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bradley Beal to opt out and sign a $250 million contract with Wizards

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LCII, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Aaaaand, that's why they're the Wizards.

ak99999, javal_lon and Jontro like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Beal worth quarter billion dollars over 5 years...

When NBA broke?

Jontro likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

This time I hope we aren't the dumb@ss franchise to bail them out.

They were relieved of John wall sht contract and Lakers offered them a treasure trove of assets for wb. They lock themselves once more into this contract in the form of beal.

Some franchise literally doesn't know what to do to win

ak99999 and TheJuice like this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

This goes back a long time with the Wizards they have dished out terrible contracts for 20 plus years.

Juwan Howard
    Gilbert Arenas
    John Wall
    Next up Bradley Beal

ak99999 and Tuckmose like this.
  5. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

It all depends on the TV deals. If the TV deals ever get smaller (which they might)...then oh boy.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just don't understand what they're doing over there. They are terrible with Beal, so what is the point of paying him all of that money? I would trade him for as many picks as I could get and start over.

He's very good, but I feel like on that contract he becomes very difficult to trade even. That's the kind of money you give to a guy who can be the best player on a championship team. I don't think Beal is that guy. I think he's a second best player on a championship team kind of guy. And who is giving up 50 million dollars worth of assets to trade for that guy? Obviously the Lakers would give them Westbrook and the couple picks they could trade, but that's not the haul the Wizards would be looking for. I can't really even think of any other trades that would work.

7. what

what Member

the point is that in general you can win a championship with vets if you get the right mix and the right coach.
    I mean yes it looks terrible now but next year or the following year they could have that.
    So yeah I think it is bad as well: but he is just one year removed from averaging 31 a game.

8. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

9. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

All love for Bradley getting his bag. Championships last a lifetime but wealth like that can last centuries.

Sanctity likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Beal wins the all time NBA heist award... 1/4 billion at 29 years old and he was out most of last year injured -- absolutely insane.

GOAT

ElPigto and xaos like this.
  11. xaos

xaos Member

Bradley Steal

jayydela likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Not just injured but actively kind of bad in 2022. Peaked in the first COVID-19 year. Hasn't been the same since.

Worst contracts used to be Paul (before OKC) , Westbrook, Wall.

Now its Lillard, Beal. Let's hope the Rockets don't add them to their collection

KingCheetah and ElPigto like this.
  13. RocketsDraftTV

this is a similar contract that jalen green will sign in the future hope tilman will pay up

14. Major

Major Member

He was a free agent once he opted out - they couldn't trade him for picks. Their choices were to sign him or let him go for nothing (or maybe a sign and trade?).

This is a league where Russell Westbrook has been traded multiple times for assets. And where John Wall was traded for, paid $40MM to sit on the bench for a year, and another $40MM to just leave. There is basically no such thing as an untradeable contract - even if you're unplayable.

Slyonebluejay and JumpMan like this.
  15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Rudy Gobert signed for $205M.

16. i3artow i3aller

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Holy sh*t, what is Washington doing??

Beal has done absolutely nothing…has taken the Wizards nowhere

yet they’re rewarding like he’s a superstar 2x champ

How desperate can u be?

ElPigto, YOLO and i3artow i3aller like this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

LMAO they gave him a no trade clause?!? So even if they WANTED to trade him down the line and cash in on their horrible investment, they gave him all the leverage which will reduce what they get back for him. Fold that franchise immediately.

YOLO likes this.
  19. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

It's actually the first post he's ever made that wasn't about Harden. End of an era.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I get franchise that pay an absurd amount of money to retain great talent like Nuggets with Joker, and Mavs with Luka.

Washington has been devoid of real superstar talent for so long that they would throw money at literally anyone they drafted that has any talent. Right mindset to please your superstar if u have one, but beal aint one.

This contract probably set their team back into the next decade potentially. Not good enough to win and won't b sht to tank all the way to the bottom