1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brad Miller signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jaingfang, Jul 17, 2010.

Tags:
?

Brad Miller the next Brent Barry

1. yes-he will run out of gas like Brent

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. no-he will be a solid contributor & play well

46 vote(s)
    80.7%
  1. Turpis

Turpis Member

Other teams that expressed interest in Brad Miller: ATL/MIA/BOS/CLE/CHI. ESPN.com link to Miller-to-Rockets story: http://es.pn/clmcxi

Via Stein twitter...

2. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Seems a bit high vis-a-vis the market, but he'll bring real value to the team. He's big--we needed size badly at the backup C, he can make the other pieces better on the 2nd team with his court awareness/passing, and he can spell Yao with real and productive minutes.

3. Jaingfang

Jaingfang Member

Here's the link folks:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5388602

4. touchstone

touchstone Member

The third year is only partially guaranteed per Marc Stein.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

He's not over the hill...he's underutilized and in a system that doesnt suit him. I trust morey and adelman know how to evalute players...as of yet they really havent been wrong when it comes to evaluating talent. Im sure they've sat down and watched tape on his performance last year. Adelman, especially, should be able to pick out if Miller was slowing down or having trouble with that specific team.

6. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

i will trust morey and adelmans decision that we need brad than some people thinking we overpaid. who else we gonna get in the FA market to backup yao?

if yao's minutes are reduced and we make a serious run the playoffs with a healthy yao cuz he's rested this decision to get miller will be a no brainer. you guyz remember miller killed us last time he played the rockets.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I like Miller don't get me wrong, he is a finesse player but is also brings much needed toughness, but I don't think this was a Morey move. Going after Tyson Chandler, that's a Morey move. This has Adelman written all over it.

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

5mil for a big man in this league does NOT seem like a lot of $$$ to me. What worthwhile 7 footer can you name that makes less than that? I think you guys are a little punch drunk after the Scola years for 3mil/per.

9. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

and another thing, adelman knew tmac was done. some people on here said we need to give tmac more time playing and adelman was dead right on his assessment on tmac. tmac showed his true abillity in ny.
    if adeleman thinks miller can fit the system, i ll trust him.

10. sew

sew Member

I think it's a little too much

11. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

The past two teams Shaq was with got instantly worse when they acquired him. The Suns and Cavs pretty much got instantly better when he didn't play. He's still a bit delusional about what he can offer. Why bother?

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Screw u Adelman!

Morey would have never done this crap!

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You can get the best passing big man since Vlade Divac.
    [​IMG]

And Brad can protect your rim.

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=games/bulls/2010/02/06/0020900745_mia_chi_play1.nba" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=games/bulls/2010/02/06/0020900745_mia_chi_play1.nba" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

14. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

Welcome aboard Brad Miller...

We are so close, I can smell that trophy!

Edit:Three years is about right. That is our window of opportunity for a championship.

#74 Rocket4Life11, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  15. KiLLiN

KiLLiN Member

I think he might have been valued a bit higher because for some teams that were pursuing him (cavs come to mind) he would be considered a starter, and he will be getting a lot of minutes here since Yao will be playing limited minutes.. Naturally that means he has more money.

Morey has been known to get the best for his buck, this may not be his finest moment but I'm pretty sure theres a good explanation for this. For all we know through his statistics Miller may have been playing great during the past few years, or his years with Adelmen were really extraordinary that he doesn't mind paying him 5m/year with the last Partially garunteed.

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

were ready to roll baby, i love my team...

full of tough, physical players up front, speedy backcourt, and soild defenders on the wing!

Lets do this! Go Rockets!

Whoever is complaining should just shut it, your not paying the bill. Were gonna field the deepest team in the league, lets see what we can do.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

A back up center was a must; Miller fits the bill except the bill was too high. Anyway, he "was" a tough dude who "used" give Yao fits. Hope he still can perform at a high level. All of a sudden Morey is giving out CD-like contracts. Hope this works out. Adelman is getting the players he wants, it will be interesting no matter what. I don't think you have to win a championship to have an "interesting" and entertaining season. If Yao stays on the court, it could get really interesting.

18. sbyang

sbyang Member

That is a lot of money. I guess we had to pay that much to get him away from South Beach and Boston.

Goodbye David Andersen.

19. valorita

valorita Member

All the contracts we've signed recently have been close to actual value (not the cheap contracts like Landry). They also have the final year as being partially guaranteed. I think that Morey's plan is to utilize these final years of the players' contracts as prime trade pieces (see Dampier). Teams that want to save money will view these partially guaranteed contracts as pure gold in terms of value.

We now finally have a decent back-up veteran center; something that we've missed since Dikembe. We are still lacking the long/athletic shot blocking type of player (in retrospect, I think we should've bought a 2nd rounder and gambled on Whiteside).

If the trade for Iggy has any ounce of truth to it, we should take it and go all in this year.

1 person likes this.
  20. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

LOL! Well said.