1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brad Miller signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jaingfang, Jul 17, 2010.

Tags:
?

Brad Miller the next Brent Barry

1. yes-he will run out of gas like Brent

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. no-he will be a solid contributor & play well

46 vote(s)
    80.7%
  1. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Rick gets his guy. Miller became a top target after Bosh played the FA and follow game.

Three years a little steep but he had a lot of teams after him.

2. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Ive been wanting him but jesus. Not only just 5 million per, but for 3 years? For a 34 year old?

3. BrandyonTX

BrandyonTX Member

In a market where Johan Petro pulls down $10mil over 3 yrs... I'm sure quite a bit of it is incentive based as well.

Miller, Battier, Buddinger, Lowry, Hill, Patterson.... Thats quality depth right there.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

It's a little more than I would have hoped they'd pay him. Miller obviously fills a big need and he's fantastic in this system.

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Well, lets give it a shot. He played well under Adelman in the past.

6. herro

herro Member

Love it.

It has been real Mr. Andersen.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

we overpaid IMO

8. rocketswinitall

wonder if the whole contract is guaranteed or if there is a team option in the deal

9. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

We're going all-in this year.

LET'S DO THIS. :cool:

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

11. Raven

Raven Member

Overpaid, overpaid, overpaid.

12. Dandamanz

Dandamanz Member

Our first post-draft move. I like it :)

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i dont think the yearly amount i that high, maybe a million more than i would have hoped for, but what we have to realize is this: You can't really guarantee him or anyone else that they'll play back up center when it's yao ming they're backing up. ANY big man will have that leverage. It's much more likely they''ll go from back up to starter with Yao's history, so you have to pay more in this case.

Hopefully the third year is a team option. Works for both sides since it'll really be a player option, since i think they rockets would let him go if we had a collapse and he wanted out.

1 person likes this.
  14. Houston_Rockets

It is not Morey that sets Millers value, the market does, if there are teams offering 5M, you have to offer approximately the same, this if Brad gave Houston priority (because of Adelman).

You can´t offer half of what teams are offering and even think about wining his services.

My post was about teams wiling to pay 5M, didn´t expect, Morey was left whith the dicision

Do I pay 5M to my backup center??? Or wait until Hill figure it out???

The answer was, let´s sign Brad, and add an asset to my Trade Backages, aka Hill

PeAcE

15. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I honestly don't care how much we pay him per year, but I do care how long he's on the roster. I don't think he has 3 years left in the tank. I hope both the second and third years are optional.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't understand why Les would want to pay more for over the hill players. Few would have objected if Chandler was the person he was overspending for... Spending just to spend isn't smart.

But what do I know. DM and Rick may see something in him we have missed. I have doubted them before only to eat my words with a side of crow later.

17. raj87

raj87 Member

The question: Does Brad Miller have the ability to protect the rim while Yao is on the bench?

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

19. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

You guys are quick to say overpaid, but what to fail to realize is we NEED a backup center more than any other team in the league. Our best player is coming off a serious foot injury and Brad Miller can atleast do what we brought Anderson here to do last year (quite miserably i might add). More importantly, he'll give us some much needed toughness. I like it

1 person likes this.
  20. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

yes thats a lot of money but its not like u guys are paying it dang :rolleyes: ...i think jared jeffries will be traded

1 person likes this.