1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brad Miller signs with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jaingfang, Jul 17, 2010.

Tags:
?

Brad Miller the next Brent Barry

1. yes-he will run out of gas like Brent

11 vote(s)
    19.3%
  2. no-he will be a solid contributor & play well

46 vote(s)
    80.7%
  1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

$15 Million?? wow

2. BarkleyHater84

That's 3 years down the road. When teams sign players to 5 year contracts, they are hoping for at least 3 injury-free, productive seasons out of him. And are we not trying to win now?????

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Good post. Rep'ed.

4. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I like the idea of bringing in Brad Miller with his familiarity with Adelman's game and 20-25 min player coming off the bench, will bring a tremendous relief to Yao! Done deal!

5. heyangw

heyangw Member

Rockets fans are used to low ball offers.
    Big man with good numbers with 5 million.

6. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Wow.
    I can't believe they are paying Brad Miller that much to suck for the team.

7. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

* Great signing by Adelman. Personally, I just can't wait for the NBA season to start. Of course me and the fellas are a lil bias here cause we're League Pass having hardcore fans, but it's just shaping up to be such a terrific offseason it has the makings of a banner year.

Miller with Scola and Yao? That's a solid frontcourt we have. The Rockets are definitely one of the teams I have high on my WC top 3 list and that was BEFORE the Miller signing. Brad can step back, hit the 3, has good to great passing ability for a big and can play slightly above average defense.

At 5 mill per as a compliment and/or Yao insurance.. you can't go wrong there. Scola's just one of the most underrated bigs in basketball right now. Then you look at the fact that we have a bonafied scorer in Kevin Martin, who make no mistake isn't a top tier player but he's a SCORER and that's big on this team. And the way Aaron Brooks has emerged you really have a solid 1 there to man the PG position. Brooks can pass or score from that position which is a major plus. Couple in Ariza, who's back to his natural role of solid offensive contributor and extremely tough defensive stopper.

This team will play sound defense and they'll have enough scoring punch to make opposing teams lives miserable, particularly at home in Houston.

Watch out for the Rockets next year.

8. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

The deal is 2/10, last year for 5 million, but only 1m guaranteed.

9. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

All negativity is really uncalled for. Its 10 million for 2 years plus an option. He fits or team better than anyone else.

Great signing Morey!

Im sure we can make a trade before the season starts to shed some dead weight.

10. cbb139

cbb139 Member

3rd year isn't guaranteed, it's really a 2 yr 10million dollar deal. For a player Brad Miller's caliber, and considered he'll relieve Yao's minutes and work load, great deal.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Bosh who? We have the second best center in the league... sorry Damps, you're third now.

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I can't believe all of the Miller hate.

Guys, this was a really good signing. It's basically a 2 year deal at 5 mil per year. Miller will be worth $5 this year and likely next year too (when he will be an expiring contract). If you understand how important it is to have a NBA-ready 5 to back up Yao and be ready to play 20 minutes every night, then you cannot be upset about this signing. Furthermore, if you understand how hard it is to find 7 footers who can do all the things Miller can do, and understand the system from day one; then you cannot be upset about this signing. This is pure good news. We are really rounding into shape. Good move.

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

I can agree to this. Miller was the last guy I remember that stood up and had a fight with the Shaqtus (during his young Chicago days). Given he could've died or at least had some serious brain damage had Shaqtus connected on that one swing.

14. kegray34

kegray34 Contributing Member

I thought Brad Miller's biggest claim to fame was costing Rudy T. a chance at winning the 1998 FIBA Gold or at least silver.
    Miller missed 2 ft's late in the semi final game when they were down by 1 and missed a 12 footer that would have tied with less than 20 seconds to go against Russia.

My buddy always bashed Miller back in those days and never lets me forget that game.

15. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

In regards to Miller signing.

-rockets continue to go away from the defense-orientation that jvg instilled.

That was posted on the Lakers forum. :grin:

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Great we never won squat with that approach, a nice balanced offense and defense is much better for winning basketball.

Adelman knows what he is doing.

DD

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Miller is a banger with size and offensive abilities. I would have killed for him as the rockets center this last season. It's a great signing.

18. Coca Cola Scola

Well, what is done is done. So, what are the strengths and weaknesses in this guy's game? It's been a while since I've seen a lot of this guy's game.

19. leslie

leslie Member

The way I look at it is:

1st year: solid backup, considering the fact that Yao is still recovering from an injury

2nd year: $6 million expiring contract (trade deadline), $4 million trade exception (offseason)

3rd year: $1 million buyout

20. psingh34

psingh34 Member

yah when was the last time Les was hesitant to add salary. And you think Morey hasnt thought that far ahead? Why do people think they are more far sighted than the GM who has proven that he makes one move with the next move in mind?
    you really dont think morey is thought of that possibility??? and made the move with that in mind?