1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brad Miller punks Aaron Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by trugoy, Jan 4, 2011.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

maybe it was a two for one deal.

2. KPG

KPG Member

Brad seems kind of like a A##Hole considering this story and what he did to Patrick Patterson after the game the other night! This thing with AB is a low blow. Im sure they have not know each other long enough for this to be taken as a joke by AB. By know Im mean been in the same locker room and dealt with each other on a daily basis.

1 person likes this.
  3. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

dude whatever, ab's contract is no secret.. we know about it, guys in the locker room do to.. i'm sure brooks makes jokes about it with the guys, or it's an inside joke with the team. "yeah i'll go out but you know i can't cover the tab..."

if you're a millionaire and you are offended by someone jokingly calling you poor, you should be shanked.

4. mrjuandiego1988

like we say in the hood.....thats some ho ass $hit!!!! :grin:

5. quinnolivarez

quinnolivarez Member

Brooks probably isn't made because he knows it's a joke (he is a college educated man, after all) and because, when you put it all in perspective, he's making millions of dollars any way you slice it.

6. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Funny, the same guy was the MVP on a rockets eam who hadn't made to the 2nd round n tears. Not to mention the main reason we took the NBA champs to 7 games and Brooks was the main reason. How quickly we forget :rolleyes:

7. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Seems you forgot about Artest, Yao and even Scola.

8. Defy9

Defy9 Member

Lol at everyone getting upset because they think AB can't handle a joke...Are you kidding me? I thought guys did **** like that to other guys all the time!

Considering AB and JJ started it, if he was to get upset about it that would make him a real hypocrite. What about AB getting Ish a shooting tutorial, i'm sure Ish has been trying to improve his shooting as well and a joke like that must of really hurt his feelings :(

If you can't handle a joke then don't dish one out.

1 person likes this.
  9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why are all these Joe Internets getting their panites in a wad while AB is wearing his panties normal-like?

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

AB fans don't realize he isn't a crybaby like they are.

1 person likes this.
  11. Rockets_4_life

Man Brooks is becoming the new McGrady on this board... :grin: ;)

12. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He is and it's unfair to the guy for sure. He certainly isn't my favorite player on the Rockets due to the holes in his game and what I perceive as lack of leadership skills but he is an excellent player for sure

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I'm guessing Wall was the only one lower than him?

If anything, Brooks should be flattered if he looked at it logically. He's on a rookie contract... He is/was one of the only PGs good enough to start at such a young age.

Either way, stupid gag gift. The alarm clock for Williams was a lot funnier. Wonder what the others were.

14. wakawakka

wakawakka Member

Bambi toy for Brad, Rogaine for Chuck, spray tan for Chase, "Better Basketball Shooting" dvd for Ish...I dunno about the others, but I agree Brad's plaque was not that funny.

15. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Aaron Brooks was our best player when it counted. He's the biggest advantage we have against the Lakers everytime we play them

16. rock4ever

rock4ever Member

Ofcourse its unfair. The majority of this board would be glad to replace him with Ricky rubio :rolleyes:

17. amaru

amaru Member

I order a Bud light and got a Miller light

Damn it Brooks!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

18. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

What AB should have done was wrap that gift nicely and send it to DM with a note: "See, my own teammates are mocking me!"

19. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

it's funny if you dislike aaron brooks.

20. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

BTW What is Chuck Salary compare to the rest of starting center in the NBA?