1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

brad lidge syndrom

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Air Langhi, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I will stat the list:
    brad lidge
    kbrown
    rick ankiel-I know he was before lidge

2. MadMax

MadMax Member

Cleverly disguised "bait The Cat" thread.

3. Kam

Kam Member

Rick ankiel was never a stro.

4. msn

msn Member

pot stirrer.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

"stat"??? :confused:

what about Nick Anderson, while we're at it? :rolleyes:

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

neither was kris brown

7. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

Wow you miss a couple of 40+ kicks on grass and now you have Brad Lidge syndrome. How about the deffense not give up 228 yars rushing. How about the coach not call a lame ass QB draw play with a Time Out on the board and 9 seconds left in the game. How about not running the damn ball and continue to call play action pass play.

8. Smokey

Smokey Member

All of that is true but it does not excuse a NFL kicker from missing a FG inside 50 yards.

9. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

40+ on grass is not an easy kick, then you add the pressure of being game winner or tier against teams that the city feel it needs to beat.

10. Major Malcontent

Number of posts until the Cat chimes in with "LIDGE WAS INJURED!!!!" 3...I am betting the under.

Games have a mental aspect to them. Especially for kickers, I truly think K.B expected Fisher to "ice" him, and Fisher was just crafty enough to thwart is expectations.

I think at this point we have to let Kris take the big kicks and try to get his conference back, cause I don't know that there are any serviceable guys on the street who can do better.

11. candlegreen

candlegreen Member

I agree with Major Mal. As soon as I realized Fisher was not calling that time out, I didn't even want to watch the kick. By the time I turn around, the kick was about 10 yards to the left.

Then again, is Vinitieri coming back this year? Does that mean Stover will be available? :grin: