1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

y’all still posting this dude...

begging for more likes...that is actually cringeworthy

15 likes and I’ll drop a Reeko bomb on CF :rolleyes:

3. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

GSW wants to sign Aaron Gordon, who is currently under contract with the Magic, eh? Good insider, this guy.

5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

@D-rock faints

BHannes2BHonest and D-rock like this.
  6. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well, JVG and Harden/Westbrook is a train wreck. Nowadays NBA players want Load Management....JVG wants
    run and hop til you drop. Plus money will be steep to get Van Gundy out of the booth (big easy money).

Silas would be ok if the team were all two year players.....but they are not. Mostly vets. If Lucas says no, then
    Silas gets to listen to what the players want to do. “But Lucas hasn’t been a head coach in 100 years!” Silas
    has never been a head coach.

Lucas.....has been with players for more than 4 years. Runs drills with them, shoot arounds with them, travels with them,
    talks to them about basketball situations , home situations, LIFE situations. I endorsed Lucas a few weeks back, and
    I was happy to see Harden/Westbrook endorsed him as well.

D’Antoni and Lucas have much the same path in their coaching careers. Mike had success with the Suns initially and
    Lucas had success initially with the Spurs. Then Knicks and Lakers happened for D’Antoni and Sixers/Cavs happened
    to John Lucas. Sixers best player at the time was Clarence Weatherspoon. Really, that’s like a poor mans Tobias Harris.
    And that’s all. Cavs were tanking for LeBron James.

Then D’Antoni had success with Harden, like his predecessor before him McHale. Now John Lucas can have some
    of that pie.......Rockets with Harden/Westbrook (healthy), Tucker, Covington core will win games.

All basketball players and coaches know or run Pick-n-Roll, Isolation, Weave, Horns set, 1-3-1, 1-4 Stack set, 1-4 Low set,
    West Coast 1-4 Stack set, Double Stack, 2-12 High Post, 5-men out,
    Box set (PnR, Iso).......yes John Lucas also. Coached by Lefty Driesell, Bill Fitch, Donnie Nelson, Gene Shue, Bernie
    Bickerstaff. Bill Fitch use to make John Lucas analyze basketball film until 5 in the morning (to keep him out of trouble).
    Invention called the cell phone or Internet is just a few clicks away from asking any number of people for advice.....
    And Lucas has a lot of friends in basketball as players and as coaches.

I’ve watched the series of John Lucas interview on you tube, and I can’t help but like Lucas. Honest opinion,
    knowledgeable, down to earth, likable, straight shooter, tell it like it is. Develops young players.

I would encourage Rockets fans to view Blocks A -G (of Lucas interview) if Lucas is hired.
    Get to know a little bit about the guy. Just saying. One shouldn’t judge
    a book by its cover.

I’ve been watching the Rockets since the Calvin Murphy - Moses Malone days. I didn’t care for John Lucas
    back then......but now seeing him in a different light. I would work hard for him. Go to war with him.

#266 ApacheWarrior, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  7. rockets13champs

Let’s be honest here Russ and Harden, and PJ Are the type of guys who are against load management.

Dacamel likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Practice load management.......not game load management. There is a difference. Harden/Westbrook/Tucker want to play every game and each play all out. Do you deny that?

I’ve heard LeBron say he wants to play every game......but c’mon, you are going to tell me LeBron wants to play 5-on-5
    in practice like Van Gundy said he wants to, in the podcast I posted!

Kawhi?

Paul George?

Giannis?

82 games don’t need much strenuous practice nowadays. The games themselves are strenuous enough.
    Walk thru’s of the other teams plays are fine enough.

All NBA players want their careers extended......meaning less running in practice. Sean Elliot was taking
    Celebrex at a young age to help reduce pain in his knees. May have lead to kidney damage....at a young
    age.

All that running and jumping takes a toll. Coaches are just standing there....or sitting.

#268 ApacheWarrior, Oct 21, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

10. JoeyTexas254

JoeyTexas254 Member

:(

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Don’t know anything about this BraBra loser. Is he legit?

12. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

I believe everything what Woj said. I think it’s JVG.

Dacamel and rockets13champs like this.
  13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Brabra is doubling down, will he beat Woj? Let's find out!

Dacamel, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

GSW has long had interest in adding AG, not news.

Dacamel and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Ben Dubose is saying he thinks its Lucas.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. rockets13champs

Where

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then changed tune after Woj bomb.

Other Rockets media are saying its between JVG and Silas.

Rudyc281, fckbandwagons and sirjesse like this.
  18. riko

riko Member

Woj has a track record to back up his claims. This guys career is based on credibility so he never throws out bogus stuff. One or two continuous bogus rumours could damage that credibility real fast especially with Shams now getting a ton of other scoops to

D-rock likes this.
  19. rockets13champs

Yeah but dubose didn’t say he thinks it’s Lucas

20. JW86

JW86 Member

I'll take Lucas over JVG, just because seeing 2004-2007 games years later still makes me feel like JVG is mental and it's literally not in his best interest to coach as well as giving off negative vibes during games, very frustrated little guy when he's losing etc. I'm sure he might have changed, but wouldn't want to risk seeing him like that for another 4 years. Also seriously believing an attention w**** like that guy? Come on now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.