1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Miami trade = Role Players

HARD PASS

Richie_Rich, Plowman, glynch and 8 others like this.
  2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U don't understand all these role players will buy into the beautiful team play that has the potential to overcome the superstar team.

PFFFT.

Dacamel likes this.
  3. HardenVolumeOne

yea I don’t see any superstar potential in nunn or herro. I want a Brandon Ingram type of return for harden. Something like siakam combined with og or powell

tochiee22 and treyk3 like this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

@BraBra must be asleep. Or Stone is. Or Pat Riley.

Probably Pat.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  5. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I’ll give you that but the key here is herro being on a cheap rookie deal.

If he pans out and breakouts out we sign him long term.

If he doesn’t we can always flip him later for a “proven star”

Having a legit young star on a cheap rookie deal is the same as having a franchise QB on a rookie deal.

Dacamel and csc177 like this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

we don’t know if he’s a star. This isn’t Zion or Ja Morant. This is a fourth option on a very successful team who has never seen a double team past high school. If the Rockets do that trade I’ll hope for the best but I’m extremely pessimistic. Harrison Barnes got paid being a fourth option and was hyped. James Harden was a third option and it worked out but he had a bigger resume and much better measurements. Herro has a wingspan of a science teacher and the confidence of a bull fighter.

7. Denovo

Denovo Member

Siakam? He doesn’t have superstar potential he’ll be a fringe all star at best and he’ll already be 27 next year. Wouldn’t equate him to a Brandon Ingram type return.

csc177 likes this.
  8. Rockets4Life13

Player X at the Age of 20:

MP: 22.9
    0.375% 3P%
    0.424% 2P%
    0.8 FT%
    9.9 PTS

Herro at the Age of 20

MP: 27.4
    0.389 3P%
    0.462 2P%
    0.87 FT%
    13.5 PTS

So much for Herro has no star potential. If NBA scouts with deep knowledge of the game can't tell for sure, I'm pretty sure no one on this board can.
    Who's player X btw?

T for 3 and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Miami can trade like two or three picks right? And those picks are going to be horrible so, it would literally be Harden for Herro and eventually Achiuwa, the rest of the package is nothing, don't get sucked into the argument "Nunn and Robinson are great pieces bla bla" because you read it multiple times, a lie told multiple times remains a lie, they're not, we won't get a 1st rounder out of Nunn and Duncan Robinson entering restricted free agency when they're not even that good to begin with, quality > quantity, imo at least.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Simmons
    Brown
    And spicy p

All make over 25/35 million.

If the rockets aren’t 100% sure one of those guys can lead us to a championship it’s best we take the Miami offer.

Way more flexibility in that deal.

Ming The King likes this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

‘nice try Tilman. Trade for the sure thing. We aren’t trading Kevin Martin. We are trading James ****ing Harden.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

Stone please keep him IF the return is not equal to him.

Patience, hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

Herro is compared to nik staukas and joe harris as a prospect. his potential is rated as a 6/10. PASS

Jonathan kuminga a top 4 prospect in the 2021 nba draft mocked currently at 3 on most sites is compared to siakam, also siakam has size and length and would be coming with og as well

14. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I have anxiety that Stone will f**** this up.

Erbnwarfare, Patience and treyk3 like this.
  15. SmallBallDoesntWork

How can anyone love the Miami package but hate the brooklyn package!? I would argue brooklyns package is better than the garbage miami has to offer. I really hope the front office isnt banking on a bubble run by herro to save the franchise.

I dont like Simmons at all but hes 1000x better than anything brooklyn or miami has to offer

joshuaao, AXG, Ramo$e and 2 others like this.
  16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

The kid is 20 and showed his a$$ on the biggest stage in the NBA

17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Jeremy Lin played well for a few games too. Look at Herro’s disappearances. He had quite a few. It wasn’t all roses.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, Herro is better than any player Brooklyn can offer, but Allen and LeVert are also much better then anything Miami can offer aside of Herro, the Nets have also more picks to trade and those will be better on paper.

SmallBallDoesntWork likes this.
  19. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

My dream return would be Barrett, Herro, Robinson and picks and then flipping PJ and a pick for MPJ.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

harrison barnes is a great comparison, how quickly we forget about our boy chandler parsons as well( basically got 100 million from dallas), its a lot harder when you are the focus of a teams gameplan

treyk3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.