1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bra Bra Sources: John Lucas to be interviewed by Daryl Morey for HC vacancy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Sep 16, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

insert James Harden eye roll gif. We literally added him for this purpose. Russ has a reputation that still has some supporters. James and Tilman were two of them.

2. TimDuncanDonaut

I guess the question would be why would Bucks make the middleton and russ trade. How does it benefit them. Outside the sake of a shake up, are they envisioning a Westbrook and Giannis pick n' roll game. Russ can add some playmaking for them, who would they want to play more offball Russ or Giannis. Russ also may not add as much spacing (the giannis drive & kickout)

3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm just going off what's been reported, I don't claim to be any kind of insider. So the only things I'm claiming to know are based on what I've read. I think the Chris Paul thing is relevant because he reportedly criticized Harden and tried to get him to play differently, which soured the relationship, which led to Harden pushing for a trade that shipped him out for Westbrook. If that's true, then it's obviously relevant to the point I'm making.

And yeah, you're right, the issue is with Harden. I thought that was clear in my post. I think if we want to have any chance of winning a championship with Harden, it's very important to get the right coach for him. He's the best player, he's the most important piece, and it's going to be about getting the most out of him.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

That was before his "performance" in this year's playoffs. Plus, James is a lifelong friend and Tilman is an idiot.

And even if that was the reason we added him (it wasn't), it was clearly a mistake.

HP3 and YOLO like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

he was worse in 2019. He has a reputation that will keep his value higher than we think.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

They probably wouldn’t. It’s just fun to hypothesize.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I hope you are right!

treyk3 likes this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Too old. Get his son,

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Get Robert Horry as Head Coach

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

me too. I think Russ will be here atleast one more

MDA is key. Hope for Indy because they have Brogdon or Turner to offer for Gordon.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

John Lucas: "James, just make the simple pass! The turnovers are killing us!"
    James Harden: "Ha ha! You're funny, Luke!"
    John Lucas: "I'm not joking!" (stealing from "Animal House"; Donald Sutherland voice) "This is my JOB!"

12. riko

riko Member

Summer league legend John Lucas junior

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

John Lucas III, Junior is the old man.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I think our best bet is to keep Russ for 1 more year, unless of course someone makes a desperate offer that we can't refuse - like the options you mention here.

Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Milwaukee and the Clippers are the most desperate teams. LAC has nothing to offer. It's highly unlikely we trade Russ.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. lloyde8

lloyde8 Contributing Member

Brogdon would be a steal! Turner might be better with us too. Plus isn't Gordon from Indiana?

Rudyc281 and treyk3 like this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Highly unlikely and it would definitely require MDA being there for it to work. MDA loves Eric and thinks he is Harden's secret weapon. If he wants to turn Victor into Harden 2.0 then who better to pair him with than Eric?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

It is cool to talk about but it is very unlikely that the Rockets trade Westbrook for a number of reasons.... Tilman is not going to want to admit he was wrong, James Harden would rather Westbrook stay, Westbrook was injured in the playoffs and you don't trade assets at their lowest and I am not sure anything that the Rockets get would be better than Westbrook....... if Indiana wants to offer Brogdon and Turner for Westbrook, I am sure the Rockets would consider it, but there is no guarantee the Rockets would do that deal.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What about Ralph Sampson?

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

100%, when I talk about trading Russ, it's just for discussion. His value is too low and the only way to let him go is if A) Harden is ready B) Russ is ready C) There is a team willing to offer what his value may become if he peaks next season. The only team I can see that can do that is Milwaukee if Giannis demands it before an extension.

I think Indy would want Eric if MDA is there though, would you agree? Wherever MDA is, we need to get a deal done with that team.

Rudyc281 likes this.