1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BR] Rockets Poised to Make Texas-Sized Offers in NBA Free Agency to LeBron, Melo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Medicine N Music, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure if already posted, but thought this deserved its own thread.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

Get it done Morey...:cool:

3. TheGoldenGreek

I think it's worth noting that while this is a BR article, Howard Beck wrote it.

4. The Stig

The Stig Member

Why Not Both???

Take a giant pay cut Lebron and Melo, then you can both play on the same team and establish a Big 4!

Sorry lads, wishful thinking here.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Wow, if this is true (I doubt) then we've got a really strong chance of getting Bron!...:eek:

6. rokit

rokit Member

25-30 percent chance he'll be a Rocket?!

7. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Im tired as can be... I totally read this with you having a lisp trying to say Bosh... doesnt make much sense but I guess seeing the B in 'Both' capitalized my brain triggered it as a name.

8. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This is how I see it:

50% - Heat (don't want to deal with the backlash of leaving a team again....will be difficult to get extra support to contend)
    25% - Cavs (will not get backlashed.....would end career where he started....no chance of winning a title)
    25% - Rockets (will give him the best chance to contend for a title for the next 5 years)

9. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Pretty much how I see it too.

10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

As much as I dislike Harden, he's made all this possible. First his balling in '13, then landing Dwight, now potentially adding another superstar. Excited to see how the next few weeks play out.

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

He won't go back to the Cavs. I still think he hates Gilbert. If Gilbert sells the team I would say there is at least 40% he goes back.

I think another couple teams are LAC and Bulls. LAC needs to clear space and Bulls need to prove Rose isn't completely done.

As I see it now, it is Heat are 1st, Rockets are 2nd, LAC and Bulls are 3rd.

12. J Hard

J Hard Member

I've felt this the whole time, of course the media ignore our chances at every turn until they create Melo to MIA and LBJ possibly to NY, smh.

Stupid ESPN, 'Bron will go to LAC in a shocker. Come to Hou or stay in MIA. No Cle/Chi/Ny scenarios.

13. HPD

HPD Member

I just preordered my jersey

1 person likes this.
  14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

40% of the time! Lebron leaves every time.

15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Just can't see Cleveland. If they traded the #1 for Love maybe but I just can't see Love wanting to sign long term in Cleveland.

Clippers and Bulls could make it work but both would have to tear down their rosters to Heat proportions.

The advantage for Houston is Harden is on a low max salary and their other talent Parsons, Jones, Bev, and Daniels are dirt cheap as well. So they can squeeze in another near max deal only dumping two players. Clippers have to give up significant pieces like Jordan and Reddick, Bulls cannot bring over Mirotic and likely lose Gibson or Butler. Plus the Rose health issue.

If he leaves only Houston makes the best sense.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I don't care about percentages. It's Miami or Houston. That's it.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Even though the money may not mean that much to LeBron (endorsements are much more $$$ for him), Melo would never do that, and neither of them would want to piss off the NBAPA that much, I expect.

18. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

True, if word gets out he's leaving Miami, I'm 99% sure he'll come to Houston

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

In before the lock segment of the LeBron saga.

20. Fighton

Fighton Member

it's cleveland.

rumor out of miami (in another lebron thread) has nyc talking to cleveland about sign and trade for melo with nyc getting cleveland's #1 pick in return.

melo would not even entertain the idea of going to cleveland (and thus no reason for nyc to talk to cleveland) if he didn't think/know lebron is going back there.

i don't know what cleveland's cap situation looks like but if they can sign one of them outright, then they can sign and trade their #1 for the other player. both myc and miami, if they know melo/lebron are leaving, would take this year's #1 pick in a heart beat.

lebron leaving miami for a ready-made team like houston would be a career suicide. you think people hate him after the decision? this would be even worse. he would be seen as a coward. going back to cleveland is a little easier to swallow because that's his home town and he can always spin as "i've always wanted to finish my career here".