1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boy, I really miss Rafer Alston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SamFisher, Apr 18, 2009.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I agree with what you are saying but the point about Artest applies to whoever is running the point between Lowry and Brooks. Watch Artest when Lowry is in next time. He actually seems to bring the ball up more often when Lowry is in the game. That is a bad thing and needs to stop. Artest is not a good ballhandler and should be getting the ball closer to the basket or on the outside from kick outs the vast majority of the time. The occasional play where he starts from the perimeter is OK but it should be much more rare. It's up to Adelman and the PGs to reel Ron in.

2. Chamillionaire

great game by AB, hope he can keep the shooting % up.

3. STIX

STIX Member

Booooy!!!

Aaron Brooks is really shutting people's mouth tonight. :D

4. Mornin'Call

Mornin'Call Member

not really....we are fine at least we werent worse than that of before after traded him.

but Im doubt of whether AB can play well constantly...

5. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Boy, I really miss the Utah Jazz.

I don't think the Rafer trade is what won us this game. Wasn't Brooks on this team with Rafer also? Brooks could come off the bench to give this production, which he should be doing even now.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's cold. :D

7. chasingu

chasingu Member

sorry, but i don't at all.

8. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

relax, how many times did we win game 1 of a playoff series with rafer? just about everytime..........let's see if brooks can help get us out the first round before we start threads like these.

9. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Exactly. We got to give credit to the Blazer's piss poor defense on Brooks also.
    Brooks transformed from Earl Boykins to Chris Paul, while prancing through the paint.

They are going to foul him HARD, when he drives to the basket in the next game. I expect Brooks to have a stinker in Game 2.

10. Gourami

Gourami Member

How about JHo? He will kill the Aldridge. :D

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Agreed - Lowry's 1-2 with one assist and 4 rebounds & 2 steals was a major drag on the Rockets tonight, unless he can start playing 35 min and somehow get that 1-2 to turn into 4-13 with 7 assists - the inequity of the Rafer trade lives on. :(

12. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Bring back the MOOCH!

[​IMG]

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Funny thread.

DD

14. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

Derick Fisher called, he said he would be licking his chops.
    Or maybe If Nate would have the guts to start Bayless, things could change fact.

seriously, good shooting game. Let's win the next one.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I don't know about the rest of you but I had nightmares last night about Brooks attempting to "contain" the great Steve Blake. Good call, Charley Rosen!

Hell, that might even be sig worthy. :rolleyes:

16. Center

Center Contributing Member

I just heard Charles at half time discuss how the Orlando Magic needs to run with the ball. "Orlando is just walkin the ball up"

Thats Rafer, Charles.

I remember him saying something about how the Rockets pulled a boner trading Rafer.

Huh... Sir Charles speaks again

17. bugzpodder

bugzpodder Member

if you miss him, go watch magic vs 76ers. It's on right now in fact.

18. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Hey Sam Fisher...shut the f off!! If you miss Rafer, then go back to Orlando!! How can you say you miss Rafer...he's the Rockets weakest link on this team. The reason he's in the starting lineup is because the Rockets don't have anybody at the time and Brooks is still young. Rafer couldn't do shyt for this team other than spotting jump shots. He can't penetrate and doesn't want to penetrate and when he does...fool is so weak can't do a damm layup..his tear drop is probably the worst in the league. He's not physical...don't contribute much. Sure he play better D and handling the ball better but that don't really translate into win. We need someone that contribute more than that ...someone that drive and score off the pick n roll...someone that don't just stand there and wait for Yao to pass to him so he can shoot.

He is single handedly the most 1-dimensional player in this league...this team can't afford that...so that is why we ship his azz out of here. So why should we miss him...what kind of stupid thread is this!!

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Your profile says you are from Sacramento. Do they not sell sarcasm detectors in Sactown?

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

[​IMG]