1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Pacquiao vs Bradley June 9th

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by s2kboy16, Jun 6, 2012.

1. s2kboy16

s2kboy16 Member

Source: Top Rank

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Manny Pacquiao defends his status as both the reigning pound-for-pound king of boxing and the welterweight champ, when he battles the undefeated Timothy Bradley June 9 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Will Pacquiao rule once again? Or will the rugged, hungry Bradley prove too much? Watch it live in Vegas or on HBO Pay-Per-View.

MANNY PACQUIAO -
    Sarangani Province, PHI (54-3-2, 38 KOs)

TIMOTHY BRADLEY -
    Palm Springs, CA (28-0, 12 KOs)

2. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

Bradley by TKO.

3. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Top Rank doing a terrible job at promoting this fight

i didnt even know their was a 24/7

Bradley just isnt a sell to the masses

That being said i got Pac by TKO, the only way Bradley wins is by decision( split)

4. Jamers

Jamers Member

pacman.. and it's not even close

5. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Agreed. Granted, I'm a (very) casual boxing fan, but I would have assumed with Pac involved, there would have been a bigger national advertising campaign for this bout.

6. Mattj

Mattj Member

They've been advertising the fight all over the NBA playoffs, but Bradley is not a fan friendly fighter. The undercard is better than the main event which will probably resemble Pacquio/Clottey with a bunch of clutching, grabbing and not enough action.

7. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

The illusion of being undefeated will soon face the harsh reality of Pacman's fists. This is not even close. Terrible advertising I agree.

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Did anyone ever figure out if that Tecate coupon is good for ordering the fight on any provider?

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

The perception Manny lost to JMM last time (he did) and the fact he's slowing down make a huge difference as well. The Clottey and Mosely fights didn't help either. Sadly, this is a better fight then most are giving it credit for.

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lmao at Bradley getting a decision. He could win 9 rounds and he'd be lucky to get a draw

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Does anyone here know Bradley in detail and watched a lot of his fights? Want to have a proper evaluation of how well he stacks up vs. Pacquiao, not the random "Bradley sucks, Pac will destroy him" garbage I read here.

13. 713

713 Member

Mayweather by TKO

1 person likes this.
  14. Prince

Prince Member

Bradley is a real thread to Manny. He is a smaller and younger version of Floyd in terms of quickness but very offensive minded.

15. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I expect Bradley to be a real test for Manny. I'm pretty surprised Pac took the fight to be honest.

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I disagree completely. What are you basing this on? His fight with Alexander? Bad matchup of styles. Because his fight with Peterson was entertaining. Lots of punches thrown. His fights with Witter and Holt weren't bad either. Tim is actually a very offensive fighter. Throws a lot of wild punches that leaves himself open. Which I think could be his downfall.

It's not going to be another Clottey fight, not even the same type of fighters. There will be action. I expect a competitive fight. Interested to see which Manny shows up for the fight. I wonder how this whole Religious experience will effect him.

As for the undercard, nothing stands out to be other than Arce-Rojas, which should be a fun fight. Rigo is in there with a guy that will make him look good and we'll see what Bailey has to offer for Mike Jones although I'm not expecting much from the 37 year old. I wish Boxing would copy UFC's model of making the undercard fights much more competitive. We're essentially paying for one fight, to some people, one fighter.

17. Jamers

Jamers Member

Bradley is a good boxer who out plays his opponent, great footwork, using the ring very well but he lacks power on his punches and that is the reason why i think he will lose.

18. Prince

Prince Member

betting odds is 10 dollars win 32. Not bad.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

thanks.

20. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I don't think he's a younger version of Floyd in ANY sense. Regardless I do agree Bradley is a threat, I think this fight for Manny was a stupid one. He doesn't really gain anything out of winning as far as his legacy goes. And if he loses, he will lose a lot. Bradley has everything to gain and nothing to lose. I do see a clash of heads occurring within the first 5 rounds resulting in a cut, hopefully the cut isn't bad and they can continue. Bradley will not KO Pac, he doesn't have the power or footwork for that. Coming in head first could cause him to eat hard left crosses from Pac all night, and that will probably be the deciding factor.

Bradley is the better boxer but I don't know if his overall skills will be enough to resist the inevitable Pacquiao onslaught. Hopefully we get a good fight though.