1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Boxing] Pacquaio VS Margarito on Saturday Nov 13

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Prince, Nov 8, 2010.

Tags:
?

Your Prediction

1. Pacquiao

124 vote(s)
    90.5%
  2. Margarito

13 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

don't be depressed, i guarantee you there are a-holes in every country on this planet.

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

^ Agreed. :eek:

3. Asian Sensation

LOL @ the nickname Tijuana Tornado. Sounds almost as dirty as Margarito.

4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I'm with you. I want to see Margarito get destroyed (which he will). Hopefully Manny carries him a few extra rounds to extend the beatdown

5. Asian Sensation

Or he can just embarass him Ricky Hatton style. I wouldn't mind that at all.

6. Prince

Prince Member

Not happening. Manny couldn't knock down DLH.

7. worzel gummidge

With all this retirement talk coming from Pac's camp I wouldn't be surprised if one foot is already out of the door. I migh't put some money down on Margarito.

8. sew

sew Member

still embarrassed DLH nonetheless

9. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

pacman until he losses, this one will be a close match.

10. verse

verse Contributing Member

Love some Pacman and am a HUGE Margarito fan, as well. That said, there is no way, fighting naturally that Antonio beats Manny. The only way to beat speed...speed at this level...is with a solid jab. that is the primary weakness of Antonio, simple because he gives up his massive size in an effort to get inside and throw multiple shots and uppercuts. AM works at a ridiculous rate but, comparatively, it is slow when matched with a quick handed power speed puncher like Manny. Paul Williams would be a better match.

Manny will KO Tony in less than 8 rounds the same way that an over the prime Mosley did. Get in quick, get out quick, change angles, and flurry your points until the barrage wears Tony down. there's a reason the odds are 450-100in favor of the in prime HOF boxer. that said...god bless Margarito. He could've had a hell of a career with the right direction.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

:( I haven't had a chance to ask everyone in Texas.

;)

I believe that this is the 3rd fight in Texas for PacMan. I would believe it is PacMan.

12. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I still can't believe they are having this at Cowboy Stadium. It'll be like watching ants fight inside of a soda can, albeit with a big TV in front of you.

13. SunsRocketsfan

how can anyone root against manny.. this guy is one of the most likable boxers and entertaining to watch in quite sometime.

14. Prince

Prince Member

The poll is about prediction not rooting.

15. King1

I'm more shocked anyone would predict a Margarito win then root against Manny. Without throwing out the generic "anything can happen in boxing" line there is nothing to suggest to he even has a prayer

16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

that's ridiculous, Margarito has a chance because he's fighting in the fight. you on the other hand have no chance because you're not in the fight. now how much of chance of winning does Margarito have is certainly up for debate.

to suggest Margarito needs a miracle is crazy. if you or I won the fight it would be a miracle since we're not in the fight.

pick your favorite, pick your rooting interest, and enjoy yourself while you either watch or don't watch the fight.

1 person likes this.
  17. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

No he's right, all he has is a puncher's chance. Manny is on a different level now then Margarito and should dominate the fight and win handily.

IMO it's either he toys with him and wins overwhelmingly on the cards or gets a KO. Margarito has a punchers chance, and if he's cheating, maybe a little better.

18. Billy Bob

Billy Bob Member

I read somewhere that the Giants KILLED the Texans, hopefully not too many people died. My condenses to the family members of those that did. :)

19. King1

Isn't that pretty much what I said? He's got a punchers chance and that's it. I don't see how you equate that to involving me in the fight but whatever you say dude.

20. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

What are some good websites to watch the fight online....to where they do not get cut while you are watching the fight?