1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BOXING] Manny Pacquiao

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by slickvik69, Jul 2, 2006.

1. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

Did anyone besides me watch his fight against Oscar Larios last night?

Talk about a star, Manny Pacquiao fighting in the Phillipines is like the Super Bowl, NBA Finals, World Cup and World Series combined. More people came to his parade in Manila after he defeated Erik Morales than the Pope's parade when he visited the Phillipines :eek:

Not only was Araneta Coliseum sold out, but 7000 movie theatres in the Phillipines were completely full watching the fight. Wow. The word superstar does not do justice.

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

yeah i just finished watching the fight. this guy is a hero to his whole country. ive never seen anything like it. it's a great story too. pac man went rags to riches, and he's an inspiration to everyone in the phillipeans

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

yea, my parents came back from Manila last month and its pretty much what slickvik said. My dad came back with a bunch of VCDs and DVDs of his fights. My uncle taped the news during his fight in Vegas last year, and its pandamonium. They have people in the streets watching his fights on the big screens and kids are worshiping him. I'm just happy there is another filipino celebrity around :)

4. xlr817

xlr817 Member

I'm glad Pac-man is doing well!!! He makes all Pinoys PROUD! :)

5. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Yeah we went over to my in-laws house (who are Filipino) and watched the fight there with a bunch of people and everyone was going crazy watching him. I hadn't really seen any of his previous fights, but man he is really entertaining. I'd love to go out to Vegas for the next Morales fight, but I'm sure tickets are probably $500 each for nosebleed.

6. pchan

pchan Member

I was actually more impressed with Larios.

He never quitted and fought to the end. I didn't think he could last 12 rounds in there with pacman.

BTW, I even saw Pacman movie in Hong Kong filippino grocery store, and I almost bought it . :D

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Dude, thats nothing, once I got home, my dad was watching the tapes/DVDs my uncle got for him, and apparently the PACMAN SINGS!!!!! He was on some comedy sitcom, in which he can't act to save his life, apparently where he was playing himself and was singing and playing the guitar acoustically. I was pretty tripped out and still am. Btw, they gots some hotties on that show, i really need to look it up :p

8. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

They say it's gonna be in the Thomas and Mack Center, and tickets there aren't that badly priced, relatively speaking to other Vegas arenas like the MGM and Mandalay Bay. The front half of the upper bowl are $100 and the nosebleeds are $50. Then the upper half of the bottom bowl are $200 and then the prices get somewhat out of control.