1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BOXING] April 27th fights

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Beavis Stiffler

I'm sure there will be replays for all the fights that you missed or you probably use a DVR to record them. Here's the card and the results are in the spoiler tag.

HBO

Sergio Martinez vs. Martin Murray
    Martinez wins via unanimous decision. Murray scored a knockdown in the 8th round. All three judges scored the fight 115-112

Chris Arreola vs. Bermane Stiverne
    Stiverne won via unanimous decision. The scores from the three judges were 117-110, 117-110, and 118-109. Stiverne knocks down Arreola in the 3rd round.

Showtime

Danny Garcia vs. Zab Judah
    Garcia wins via unanimous decision. The judges' scores were 115-112, 114-112, and 116-111. In round 8, Garcia knockdown Judah.

Peter Quillin vs. Fernando Guerrero
    Quillin won by knockout. "Kid Chocolate" scored 4 knockdowns in the fight and stopped Guerrero in the 7th round.

Amir Khan vs. Julio Diaz
    Khan won via unanimous decision. Diaz knockdown Khan in the 4th round. Amir was still winning in the judges' scorecards of 115-112, 115-113, and 114-113.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Saw some of the Judah Garcia fight flipping back and forth with the game. Zab actually showed some heart this time around. Wow what a crazy night of the sweet science. Didn't see the Khan or Martinez fight but I'm hearing that were very close.

3. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I stayed up after the Rockets game and watched all but the heavyweight bout.

Decent fights all of them.

The Garcia vs. Judah fight was fun to watch. Watching two guys go at each other, bloodied (albeit a lot from headbutts), after a bunch of trash talking, and once it's over, giving each other props for a good fight is one of the many reasons I enjoy boxing or any sport for that matter. Good sportsmanship is refreshing to see.