1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bowl Games

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Dec 7, 2014.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I TOLD YALL THE SEC WEST WAS OVERRATED

Hopefully we don't have to deal with this hype going forward. I know espn still has money to make, but I can dream.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

One of the most entertaining games I have seen. Urban Meyer is quite a coach. Really glad for OSU, so tired of Alabama always hogging the spot light. The OSU offensive coordinator is coming to UH. Got a good feeling about that.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

SEC haters living out a wet dream! I congratulate you all.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Someone left an anonymous rep saying butt hurt? Lol. Man up and leave your moniker.

Yes, I'm so butt hurt about a program that was in the basement and now is relevant in CFB.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

SEC fans done talking yet?

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm not an SEC "hater" at all and have stayed out of the debates here because they became too emotional and circular.

That all said: The SEC is clearly overrated. You can make fun of people all you want and your sarcastic statement just makes you seem like a sore loser. The fact is the SEC West teams were not as good as pollsters believed. If you think otherwise, feel free to be wrong and more biased than those you've been arguing against.

Major props to Ohio State for destroying Wisconsin and completely shutting down Melvin Gordon and then dominating Alabama in the Sugar Bowl, both with a brand new 3rd string QB. I'm a Big Ten graduate and root for all of them except Ohio State. But this year's squad has earned my admiration.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Never! :grin:

Can't wait til (pre)season when folks are crying again that the SEC has 5 in the top 15, 7 in the top 25. :grin:

Enjoy the two years and no SEC title. ;) They'll be back soon enough.

That said, they are a "tad" overrated and crapped the bed this year.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yeah LSU, Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss and Miss State all losing proves that this year the conf was waaaaay overrated. Which surprised the hell outta me.

9. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

We're in 2015. Rankings were so 2014. Move aside SEC!

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This year? Yeah, it was a down year, I think anybody would (or should) agree. A .500 bowl record as of now is definitely not what the SEC is accustomed to. I don't think 1 down year completely invalidates them as the superior conference, though. That seems awfully reactionary after owning a majority of the BCS era. If it continues for multiple years? Then I think that becomes a possibility. I mean...nobody's getting all on the Big 12 or ACC for being 1-4 or 4-6, respectively. The majority of the ridicule is directed at the SEC.

11. MosKeemYao

MosKeemYao Member

Interesting thing to think about, if this was the BCS the title game would have been Alabama vs FSU probably.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Honestly what idiots are fans of conferences?!?! That's like saying go AFC, whooo!!!! Stupidest thing ever to be a fan of or proud of a conference.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Something a little incestual about the SEC.

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I agree, I don't think it was ever a thing until SEC fans started it a few years ago.

15. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

They've been yapping on it for a good decade now.

16. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

[​IMG]

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I love my squad no matter what <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FSU?src=hash">#FSU</a> till the day I die D.I.E. What an amazing year we still will have the same # of Ls as the champ <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/LMAO?src=hash">#LMAO</a></p>&mdash; Jameis Winston (@Jaboowins) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jaboowins/status/550883460911341569">January 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

lol Jameis

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

I was impressed with the leadership Jameis showed throughout the game. He kept encouraging teammates when they fumbled and even when they were down by more than 20 he was on the sideline telling the guys not to quit.

Hopefully off the field he will smarten up.

18. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Yep, and he was also one of the very few FSU players who stayed on the field to congratulate Oregon players after the game. Kirk said about 70% of the FSU players just walked straight into the locker room. Bad sportsmanship, but then you have Oregon players singing "no means no" in mockery to Jameis as well.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He's always been real good with that. I really love watching him play. If he wasn't a total loon off the field, he'd be one of my favorite players and at the top of my list for the Texans draft.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>OMG <a href="https://t.co/BfCgqrEqIK">https://t.co/BfCgqrEqIK</a></p>&mdash; Ben Jones (@Ben_Jones88) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ben_Jones88/status/550840214558887936">January 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>