1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Bound for Glory" - Anyone watching?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Moe, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

I didn't find a thread about this. The series on ESPN about the Penn high school team being coached by Dick Butkus. I got a season pass on DirecTV and I look forward to each new episode.

These guys really aren't very good, but I'm hoping for a win every week. Butkus is very interesting in this situation. I think he really holds back in what he would really like to say to these kids about their desire. Basically, they have very little. Except for their linebacker who started the season with a concussion, their star players seem very unmotivated.

Anyone else watch this?

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Butkus is a loser, he quit on his team. For being one of the all time greats he sure quits easily.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'd be a lot more interested if they would do this kind of show on a Texas high school. Maybe Odessa Permian, a great program that has recently fallen on hard times.

Everyone knows the best high school football in the country is played in (West) Texas.

#3 ima_drummer2k, Nov 7, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I was hoping this thread would have declared a new sequel to the movie classic "Homeward Bound."

5. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

When was this? I remember him playing with all sorts of injuries, including dragging a wrecked knee around for about half a season. Most of the time he was the only good thing going on an otherwise crappy defense.

6. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

True, but they cheat. They're all inbred, and can read each other's minds quite easily.

:eek: ;) :D

7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He quit on the team in bound for glory. They were like 1-7 and so he said that ESPN didn't pay enough money to him and he quit on those kids.

8. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

He didn't quit these guys, the show quit him. :D

9. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Is that in tonight's episode?