1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[BOTS] We just gonna let them divide us?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MystikArkitect, Jul 8, 2018.

1. MystikArkitect

I think we’ve all fallen victim to it one time or another. We all lean or heavily lean one way or the other. But the bots on Twitter (and FB) have gotten out of control. They appear in every tweet, article or statement with dumb tags like “MAGAGirl2131453” or “BLMAnnie” and drop messages like “Draining the swamp from ungrateful minority monkeys” or “WHITE people continue to be the root of all of these problems”.

They’re everywhere. Most of us who are a little more active online and through forums can spot them right away by how they talk and how their accounts are just regurgitated nonsense, but the majority of Americans, specifically the older generation that didn’t grow up with social media, don’t always have this ability.

I genuinely worry that we’re heading down a really bad path here and this scourge is only promoting the divide further. It’s a common enemy. It’s foreign entities doing this and it seems like instead of directing our attention to this, we’re just zeroing in on each other.

I fear that the damage is irreparable.

JayGoogle and JeffB like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This sounds like something a bot would say.

cml750 likes this.
  3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

If companies can be people, bots can be people to.

I'am Realjad, and I identify as a bot. Don't hate. Don't segregate. One love.

MAGAGirl2131453 & BLMAnnie are my friends. I don'tagree with their views, but they some hot bots.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Don't forget the accounts on other forms of social media like Reddit, BBSes, and the comments sections that often follow articles. The trolls are everywhere.