1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Both James Harden and Jeremy Lin deserve to be at the All Star Weekend

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxD, Jan 7, 2013.

1. RoxD

RoxD Member

Just saw someone quoted the ESPN Expecting the unexpected. The caption for the theme picture there reads:

At 34, Kobe is having one of the best seasons of his career. The Lakers are below .500. Surprise!

2. LLDD117

LLDD117 Member

JLin7 is not All Star yet, he can be one in 2-3 years if no major injuries.
    Harden is ALL Star!:)

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

No, this is very very untrue.

If he gets voted in by the fans (currently is not) then he DESERVES to be an all-star. This is because he has fulfilled the criteria to play in the all-star game (namely, being popular enough to be voted in).

We could argue all decade about whether Yao Ming DESERVED to be the all-star starter year on year based on his on-court production. But if we did, the point would be rather moot, there are no all-star starters who are selected based solely on "production". Rather, they are selected based solely on 'popularity'.

Whoever gets the most (and second most) votes DESERVES to be an all-star.

Worth noting that on that basis, Lin currently does not deserve it. (I hope he gets in via popularity because Houston is hosting and it'd be great for us to have 2 guys on the team [[I'm assuming it's a lock that Harden gets picked for one of the bench spots based on production]]).

4. CCM721

CCM721 Member

I'm willing to bet Lin is hoping he doesn't get voted in by the fans. He realizes he hasn't had an all-star caliber season and the kind of criticism he will receive if he takes Chris Paul's spot.

5. jocar

jocar Member

Who votes guys into the skills competition? Do we get to put one of our guys in it since it's in Houston?

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I am no hater but is pretty easy to assume that the offense is catering to play Kobe style ball and giving him his shots. He may stay passive at time but its still around him. When looking at the league leaders I was really surprised at Lebron and Dwade being so high and having over 50%FG until I realized its more so the system they are playing in catering to them.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I won't even attempt to crawl into this dumpster fire that is the Jeremy Lin all-star debate... but the NBA better put CARLOS DEL3NO in the 3 point shootout!!!

8. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Well there are currently a lot of players that have a higher 3PT% than Delfino (although he has been lights out recently), so I don't know if he would be put in.

9. kastuul

kastuul Member

No chance for Lin to be an All-Stars this year.

He may play the skill challenge.

10. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Just remind yourself of the days when BJ Armstrong started in the all-star game.

11. Mock

Mock Member

Vote for James Harden

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Lin no, Harden, Parsons, and Asik yes.

13. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

lin no, asik no, harden yes.

14. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

i have this feeling even if lin gets voted in by the fans, he will let CP3 or harden start instead... he just seems like that kinda guy...

15. Mr2Hos

Mr2Hos Member

[​IMG]

16. cw3k

cw3k Member

JLin not all star yet, give him 2 to 3 years to develop his jump shots and confident.