1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Both CP3 and Harden are averaging fewer minutes this season than most of their previous seasons.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flamingdts, Feb 13, 2018.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

We are dead last in average speed as a team. Dead last in average distance traveled as a team per game. Currently 10th in pace, down a couple possessions per game from last year.

D-rock likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

not what I would have expected... Thank you for the info, i'll have to climb into those numbers further...
    I would add that we are the 2nd oldest team in the league (behind Cavs) edging out SA.... so even at 10th in pace...

3. Nivos

Nivos Member

Well, the Rockets players also move the least in the league so they're not waisting any energy running in circles. Switch everything on defense and go to your spot on offense. That'll keep you rested.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is possible Harden still had effects from that Gasol elbow in game 5.

But also I feel like exhaustion. Not just from being the ENGINE that drives the team on EVERY possession, but having to DOUBLE DOWN on defense IN THE POST versus LMA while Nene wasn't available because of injury. No one talks about the cumulative effort it takes to do BOTH.

NOW, team is deeper and Harden doesn't have to spend energy there being the ONLY post defender. And now Harden has ANOTHER "engine" to help.

These things matter.

kjayp and D-rock like this.
  5. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Not disagreeing with anything yer sayin my man...
    I hope with CP3 around and Harden not having to run himself raged constantly will correlate to more juice for the postseason....
    I think we have a much deeper roster - so hopefully we wont have any foolishness like expecting Harden to cover Pau or LMA... (although its not like we couldnt have given Trez some burn last year and avoided that stupidity all together...)

Just sayin I'd like to see Harden's minutes reduced further in the regular season to ensure he's good the go for the post season...
    We have a deep enough roster at this point and new guys to acclimate... so I say make MDA utilize the full compliment of players at his disposal (including outside of injury situations) - rather than relying so heavily on his starters...
    Call me crazy... but seems to me GSW and Spurs run a much deeper rotation....