1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boston's KG still hurt

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by spdngyns69, Oct 3, 2009.

Tags:
  1. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Some recent footage of KG limping during practice. If he's still hurt, it doesn't look too promising for the Celts.

http://www.vimeo.com/6874411

2. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I see TracyMcGradyesque future.

Still, I'd like to see KG healthy, he's really amusing to waTch when healthy and Celtics are the only team that plays quality basketball on East apart from Magic and Cavs

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They don't have enough wing defense to compete for a title anyways. Unless our boy TT can turn Daniels into some kind of defensive stopper.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Now I am sure Kevin will have the same type of year Tracy had last season. The guy can't run to save his life, it is painful to watch.

And what's interesting, didn't he have a normal arthroscopic surgery? I know it ended up being a little bit more serve but it was still a 'minor' surgery.

I just hope they will not let him play even a second. Don't wait. Get an MRI, get a second opinion and do what is best for you. The problem is, if he undergoes microfracture I really don't see him comming back to his old self. The guy is past his prome and he is much more older than T-Mac. It may be too risky to take that next step so it is better to sit him now.

By the way, Grover has a new client next offseason.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has already played more games than Larry Bird. The Celtics need to be careful with him...

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Stick a fork in the Celtics if KG isn't 100% during the playoffs.

7. Serg300

Serg300 Member

BB Gods at work, karma is a biiiiiiiech.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He' hurting out there bad -- that looks like pain not just a knee rebuilding strength after injury/ surgery.

9. 523744

523744 Member

What is that supposed to mean? Its not like larry bird had a long career....

10. Francis 4 ever

Sucks, the celtics had such a small window for dominance but looks like it's not gonna happen :(

11. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

kg needs to learn from what tracy, arenas, and amare went through. don't ever come back early from an injury.

12. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

KG is done, microfracture is needed.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

that doesn't look good..

14. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

KG is a warrior. I was expecting much worse before watching the video.

I think he'll be fine come mid-season.

15. MingMingDynasty

I hope he's just going half speed because it's a practice, looks like Charles Jones out there

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

and definitely more games then Stephen Jackson :confused:

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do the math. It is quite simple really. He has more miles on him than several NBA Legends. Am I going too fast for you?

And btw, More games started than Charles Barkley and Dominique Wilkins too, among others...

18. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

your KG manlove is amusing, thats all

has he played more games/minutes then Steve Francis/Mobley/and the hotdog vendor at TC combined? :D

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It's actually a little surprising he is even out there working hard like that when he is clearly in pain. I just heard an interview with him [espn ?] and he alluded to the fact that the knee was much more messed up than they expected originally, but he said everything was repaired during his surgery and he was ready to go.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

KG says he has no pain at all in the knee.

http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/2009/10/garnett_i_dont.html

Garnett: "I don't have any knee problems."
    Posted by Gary Washburn October 3, 2009 09:26 PM

NEWPORT, R.I. -- Kevin Garnett said Saturday that his knee is pain free and he feels more flexible with his surgically repaired right knee than at any time since the operation. Garnett was nimble running the court at Salve Regina University and didn't favor the right leg as much as Tuesday, the first day of training camp.

Here is the complete interview with Garnett:

What did you think of the second team's performance?

"You what it is? We don't have to stop with our second team and teach and Doc ain't gotta make a lot of adjustments and points of emphasis. Last year I thought we had a younger team so we have to teach a lot more. But as you can see, we're so advanced when it comes to Basketball I.Q. in addition to the new guys, Shelden (Williams) knows all the plays. It just makes it more easy.

"When they came over to our second the second (scrimmage), it wasn't even a lot of plays being called, it was even a lot of plays being called, there were just sets and reacting and responding to everybody. It was probably some of the most simple basketball I've played in a while."

HOW DID YOU MAKE IT THROUGH?

Garnett: "Better than I expected. I anticipated being a lot more sore than what I was going to be. I have my days and then sitting and talking to other guys, they were just as sore as I was so I kind of felt at home. I didn't want to overreact to anything and to be honest with everybody here I'm not even thinking about the injury when I'm playing. I do all my stuff I'm supposed to do. I don't play around with my workouts, even when I am in my room I do my calisthenics and I am getting my proper treatments. And you see this kinesio tape on me but it's all prevention and all to better.

The things I couldn't do four, five days ago, I can do today, When were in a drill and we were doing some lob stuff, some five-on-five stuff and some of the moves and cuts with the ball and me stepping back and pushing off, I couldn't four to five, seven days ago and every day I'm getting stronger and every day I'm getting better, just trying to climb on top of the ladder."

THE PAIN YOU EXPERIENCED WASN'T IN THE KNEE?

"I don't have any knee problems. I don't have any knee problems. I'm not trying to get in depth with my injury and all that but the things are bothering me are secondary and not even primary. So I'm excited about that because it's nothing be strengthening the knee and playing again. You gotta remember, I have been out since what, March? I haven't done anything since then. I have just been rehabbing, strengthing. Nothing simulates basketball play. The pounding, the churning, the reactions, the stuff you have to react to in games you can't get that in trying to that with the rehab and the trainers and all that other stuff.

"I feel really good, I wouldn't (BS) you guys if I was hurting I would tell you. I'm pretty straight up with everything that's going on with me. I feel good. I'm excited about how we are and I'm just trying to get my part together to make sure I'm ready for when we need to be like we need to be."

HOW MANY MORE BARRIERS WILL YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH?

I don't have a crystal ball. If I did, I would sit here and do it in front of you. For the most part, I am just going to continue to do the things I've been doing to get me up to this point. Hopefully it takes me to the top, to where I felt like today in the scrimmage. I was getting up and down, sprinting, sprinting, sprinting and I can tell you, to be honest four or five days ago I couldn't do that. There would be times where I would have to pace. Instead of going to the boards I would get back. Today was all out, just going and going."

(Trainer) Eddie (Lacerte) told me "that's the best you looked the whole camp." So just movement wise, I've been exploding off of it. So I just have to continue to improve."

HOW DID IT FEEL TO MAKE THAT WRAP AROUND PASS TO RONDO DURING THE SCRIMMAGE?

"I'm a little injured or coming off injury, I'm not dead. I'm not brain dead. I can still make plays. I can still play defense and still know how to play. So I'm still me now, you know what I mean? I ain't in my grave yet dog. They ain't shot Old Yeller yet dog. They ain't took him in the back yet. I can still make a couple of plays here and there. I know you haven't seen me in a while but I ain't go that much dust on me."