1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh's agent threatens to sign 5 year deal outright to put Bosh in Heat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

From a Florida paper, on the Wade/Bosh situation, in an article titled "Chris Bosh holds key to Dwyane Wade's and Heat's future." Basically, sounds like the agent is leaking info to leaverage 6-year max deals for both Wade and Bosh. One interesting part is that he's now apparently leaked info (report doesn't say who leaked it, but who else would do it?) that Bosh is considering signing the 5 year max. Not sure whether the threat is credible or not, but to me it seems to indicate that Toronto and Miami are not on the same page on what to give in a S&T, and the agent is trying to pressure Toronto to lower its demands. That threat sure doesn't put pressure on Miami (who would probably prefer guaranteeing less) or anyone else.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-s070610,0,5673066.story

Preliminary statement about the Wade/Bosh connection, nothing we haven't heard before, really:

^^ The only interesting part is what it doesn't say-- it doesn't say what happens if Bosh doesn't sign. Maybe I am reading too much into it, but... Is Wade out of here automatically with anyone but Bosh or can something be worked out? Is the agent threatening to get Wade out of MIA to, say, CHI, which presents its own set of S&T challenges, probably a harder one than the Bosh S&T dilemma, in order to get Wade the 6 year max. Wade should want the extra $30 mil. Remember he's a few years older than Bosh and Lebron.

Below is the Toronto S&T summary:

Bold part is what I found interesting. Toronto would work with MIA, but sure doesn't seem they are close at the moment, and, like I said, sure sounds like Bosh's agent is trying to strong-arm Toronto into accepting less.

Anyhow, things are where they stand. To me, one key issue remains that, if Bosh can't everything he wants-- 6 year max playing with Wade--, then how do the secondary options-- (a) getting 6 year max playing in Houston without Wade and (b) getting the 5 year max playing with Wade-- compare in Bosh's world. If he favors the former, then it would appear that Toronto has incentive to play hardball. Or, in geek talk: Toronto playing hardball while Bosh backs down and accepts a Houston trade would be a Nash Equilibrium in this particular game of chicken. If he favors the latter, then Toronto should give in and salvage what they can from Miami. Now, I happen to think his agent is bluffing, trying to convince the Raptors he would favor option (b) to option (a). Breaking out the "accepting 5 years" option right now just seems suspicious. The question would seem to be how Toronto views the comparative advantages of the Houston offer vs. the Heat's best offer and whether whatever extra value the Houston offer presents is worth calling the bluff for.

2. meh

meh Contributing Member

This is what happens when you try to unload a 1st round pick to save a couple of mil of salary. What an absolutely idiotic move by Miami given that they had no under-the-table agreement for Bosh to sign straight up.

I bet a deal may have already worked out if Miami had an extra 1st rounder this year to complement Bosh/Wade.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If he takes the 5 year deal, it is pretty clear that he really wanted to play with Wade.

I still think Toronto will blink.

DD

4. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Screw his agent. Let Bosh go to Miami with Wade and a whole bunch of nobody's. They still are not as good as the Magic or Celtics. Shoot they wouldnt even be a top 5 in the West.

5. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

bosh's agent is the one that has sort of ruined houston's chances of landing bosh ..he never took them seriously ..

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His agent works for Bosh, if Chris wanted to come to Houston, his agent would have done everything he could to make it happen.

Don't blame the messenger, blame the author.

DD

7. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

I heard that the Raptors aren't interested in doing a SnT with Miami because they have nothing that interests them.

8. mms

mms Member

Since Bosh wants to play with Wade that bad, why don't we just try to get them both through snt?

9. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

I think leaked informations are all BS. It's already a done deal with Bosh, Wade and Lebron. Why would Bosh tweet something obviously positive when there are still some legal matter still involve?

10. 757

757 Member

From what I hear, Bosh's agent has been downplaying the option of coming here. He seems very keen to get his two clients on the same team, but this is at our expense.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its already official. I dont know the destination but cryptic tweets about its a great day. Means the deal is done. Thats what it sounds like to me

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

Because they don't want to come to Houston

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I'd imagine this is what Morey is waiting for.

14. Rocketfanatic2

Although I would love to have him on our team, he just needs to sign with someone so we can all move on with our lives.

15. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

well, yeah, and if LBJ is announcing on thursday, then all the other chips must be in place. they can't do anything without the king's permission.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm pretty exhausted by this whole process of free agency, I used to be optimistic about landing Bosh but i'm to the point now where it just seems farfetched, Morey sure has been quiet though so something must be getting done.

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I have a feeling though if it was a done deal something would have leaked out by now. But there is absolutely no new information out there other than LeBron will have a press conference thursday. One day its Chicago, the next day its Miami and back and fourth. I dont think anyone knows wtf is going on besides the players.

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

If its official why havent we heard from Morey yet? Is he trying to save it at te last hour or is he just taking the quiet stance until tomorrow? I figure if he doesnt know something by now then its a bad sign for sure.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

you do realize he's got a life outside of basketball? Its like when scola tweeted he was very sad and everyone assumed he must be talking about basketball...

He's got other things going on, been tweeting a lot about family and just visited his grandma...sounds like being back home has made him realize how great life is for him in general, so he's looking forward to every day, cus he has a great life.

its YOUR life. Move on if you want, no one is keeping you here besides yourself. You're blaming him for your inability to put down the crack pipe.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'm gonna say this is counter-posturing in retaliation to toronto's posturing earlier in the week.

toronto said if their S&T demands aren't met, they won't agree to any S&T's. if bosh really wanted that 6th year, and a team really wanted bosh, they would have to cave... until... his agent says "fine! he'll sign outright anyway!"

not really what bosh wants, and not really what the raptors want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.