1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh will evaluate rockets...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket Guy, Jun 30, 2010.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

The problem with that is that Toronto would be forced to take back a whole lot of salary. I don't believe that's the direction that they are going to go.

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

agreed. they will want ending contracts, young players, picks. cap relief.

morey will want to part with only ending contracts.

therein lies the negotiation.

3. aelliott

I don't like the way that response is worded. "Evaluating" the Rocket doesn't neccesarily mean that he'll meet with them. Hopefully I'm being overly paranoid.

4. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

True. Shouldnt he already have evaluated them by now?

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Toronto is not going to want to take back all of the salary. They have already stated that they want young players and draft picks. Because of that, a package of a sign and traded Scola + Hill + non-guaranteed contract for Mike Harris + Jeffries + one of the Knicks picks (2011) + rights to Sergio Llull. That is just right, in my opinion. Toronto gets what they want (young players and a draft pick), and Houston gets Bosh. I'm sure the salaries would match.

6. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

This is great. Given the opportunity to talk to him, I think Bosh would find it hard to dismiss the Rockets. Morey should have a great presentation for him.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone keeps including Scola. I don't understand why though. Scola is not stupid, he would never agree to a sign and trade to Toronto. He wants to win. Besides, the Raptors would be stupid not to take Jeffries, Anderson, Hill, Taylor plus the Knicks 2012 First and the Rockets own future first and second. The Raptors are not going to get a better package than that and if Bosh signs with us then the Knicks are most definitely going to strike out and free agency.

8. meh

meh Contributing Member

Assuming there's no collusion, why not? It doesn't hurt Bosh to hear the Rockets pitch. Unless Henry James wants Bosh and Wade both in Miami for whatever reason, it's illogical for him to deny the Rockets a presentation.

9. 757

757 Member

Well I don't know if this is really news or not, since it would be foolish for him not to consider all of his options, but it is good to hear. Houston is where he needs to be if he wants to win now. He may be able to team up with LeBron or Wade elsewhere, but I would assume having a solid roster here looks more attractive than a roster with 2/3 superstars and a bunch of players not worth more than the minimum. Plus, he has said he wants to be "the man", so it would be rather counter-intuitive for him to follow LBJ/Wade where ever they end up.

In short, come to Houston, Chris Bosh! You'll love it here, we promise! :cool:

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The Raptors can take a Scola + Hill + Jeffries + one of the Knicks picks (2011) + rights to Sergio Llull, or have nothing. They have some leverage, which is why I included a player than Coleango covets (Llull). As for Scola going to Toronto, that is true, but you never know. They are trying to build the All-International team in Toronto. With the trade, I don't think Toronto would really be that bad of a team, especially with the high draft pick.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Considering he couldn't talk to anyone, he's either a) decided long ago or b) pretty much just rode the press while enjoying his life until he speaks to them.

12. aelliott

The wording bothers me because he didn't actually say that they will meet with the Rockets. To me, "Evaluate" is too noncommital.

If Bosh has already made his mind up, then there would be no reason to talk to Houston. His price is already set, he just needs to announce his decision. Hopefully I'm reading too much into it. If he didn't want to come here then he wouldn't bother to meet with us. So, if he meets with us then that means there is a legitimate interest on his part.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Not necessarily. 'Bron is still meeting with 6 or 7 teams[when he'll only sign with one], doing due diligence and showing respect if you will to those other clubs who realistically have no shot. Just saying :p

14. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

We can pay Bosh the max. We can make Toronto happy. I think, the big deal here is showing Bosh that with him, and after losing the pieces to bring him here, we're very strong contenders for the championship.

This is the key.

15. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

If anyone can do that, It is Morey...

I am getting anxious!

16. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

in other words teams bid for his services.. "com'on mane"

17. 757

757 Member

Lol at these 2 tweets:

chrisbosh

My cousin wants me to go to a certain team. I won't name the team he said, but it's funny how I can't get away. Lol

YaoMing

@ChrisBosh, Hey Chris, hopefully you'll play with us (Rockets) next season. I'll be healthy and I'd really look forward to playing together

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Morey is like Flocke, once you talk to him it's too late to refuse him.

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

This isn't exactly a direct quote, so I wouldn't worry too much in the wording.

20. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Evaluate ...just means they are planning on doing their due diligence, looking at each situation. The NBA money is the same but the Chinese marketing money might earn more for the agents, so, those guys will need to think about that.

Appeal to the lawyers and let them steer their client.