1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh-Raptors Sign and Trade Deal losing luster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ScolaIsBallin, Jul 3, 2010.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5352236

Just makes it look worse for us

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I'm sure the raptors are getting annoyed with Bosh, but if your choice was to let him go for nothing or to get something significant in return -- which would you do?

They KNOW he is leaving. I don't buy it, and Adande has been known to just say things.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

Sounds like posturing on Toronto management's part, to try to use what leverage they do have to convince Bosh to take their favorite deal in the SnT (presumably this is Houston's offer since we have the most assets).

Just like Bosh's demonstration of interest in teams that have cap space to sign him outright is posturing to try to force Toronto to accept lesser deals (ala Chicago's) in a SnT.

It's all politicking at this point, nothing to worry about here, SnT is still the most likely possibility, after all, no prevailing egos involved are so egregious as to ignore the overriding driving force between all of this: money.

Now if David Khan were in the negotiations somehow, it would be a different story...THAT'S an ego so dangerous it could destroy the world if it was hurt badly enough.

4. OremLK

OremLK Member

It's just posturing. The Raptors are trying to get better offers.

5. dharocks

dharocks Member

They're not going to turn down a good package just to spite Bosh, but they may want more than we would be willing to giving up.

6. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

yup, i think the most critical piece of that is where it said "none of the offers have impressed Toronto" - meaning they are leaning toward just taking the cap space as opposed to taking on incoming salary of players they don't want. the leverage to get bosh a 6 year max deal via snt was the only card the rockets really had.

although it could be posturing to get more out of teams, its not a good sign.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah, this is Bryan Colangelo just posturing to make sure teams up the offers in a S n T.

8. The Cat

The Cat Member

It doesn't say none of the offers have impressed Toronto. It says apparently, which means its Adande's opinion.

9. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Yeah, lets see Toronto just let Bosh walk no matter how "unimpressive" the offers are.

They will take what they can get.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Member

I think its a power move by the Raptors to get Chris to make up his mind. They need to know what they are going to be left with so they can start making free agency decisions for themselves before all the lower quality guys commit to other teams.

The longer the Bosh saga goes the harder it will be for them to get plan B players.

11. corby

corby Member

So in case you are wondering, Chris Bosh, this is why you don't tweet and film every single thought that crosses your head during the free agency process.

Right now, everyone in the league knows that getting a max contract is more important to you than anything else, and only Toronto can make it happen. That means Toronto now holds all the leverage over you.

So if Toronto wants to start ramping up their demands for sign-and-trade offers, you just have to help them out if you want to get your max money.

12. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Frankly i am getting sick of Bosh too. This guy has a deal in place with us for the max at 6 years. if he really wanted to play here he would have been more serious by now. if he wants to go around following Wade around everywhere like some couple? There is nothing we can do about his feelings for another man. Err... Maybe that didnt come out right? Anyways I hope he grows away from Wade and decides soon instead of trying to follow this path of getting a max sign and trade for peanuts everywhere else and lets Toronto get something back with a team like us and still get everything he wants.

13. rockets934life

Certainly looking like posturing however if true, Morey already knew this yesterday and started on plan C...

Al Jefferson/Ricky Rubio... :grin:

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

All he really is accomplishing with all of this? Is gutting his future team of its players by giving Toronto more leverage. Now we might have to give up both Knicks picks and our draft pick this year also to get him. He should take the Houston deal, Chicago deal if there is one or Miami deal already if there is one. IF not? Dont ask for sign and trade money and just earn less somewhere else if you really dont want to play with the Rockets that much.

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

He hasnt filmed anything...people keep getting this wrong...it was Wade with the camera crew.

16. declan32001

declan32001 Member

I loved this part: "The difference in the first five years of the deal would amount to $4 million." It's true but cosmically irrelevant. The 6th year on a deal would be well over $20 mil - guaranteed of course.

No NBA player can say with any certainty they're going to be elite next year, but 6 years from now? You could be looking at a vet min. 1 year deal or even be out of the league.

And the biggest thing is the new CBA which is not going to look anything like the current one. The time is now and Bosh isn't going to leave over $20 mil. lying on the table.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

Whats wrong with him wanting to play with a close friend? Heck, if I had a good buddy, I'd exhaust all my options to play with him before I look into other options. There is no reason for Bosh to be in love with coming to Houston. And if Wade doesnt go to Miami, there is no reason for Bosh to be in love with Miami...He's just doing what any normal person would do.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

Now that is something that would make me wet my pants, more so than getting Bosh.

19. RedRaiderRocket

I really wonder what is going on. I kind of believe this story maybe the Raptors want no part of Scola and think he will be getting overpaid. I believe they want our picks, Jordan Hill, and Brooks and Morey wont budge.

20. The Cat

The Cat Member

Keep in mind ESPN's wet dream is for at least a couple of these major guys to pair up in a major market and create another superpower. Sadly, it appears to be impacting the reporters' abilities to rationally sort through information.