1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh/Parsons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pokito1120, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Pokito1120

Pokito1120 Member

Just wondering, will signing Bosh to the max cost us resigning Chandler Parsons?

2. Swag

Swag Member

no

post too short

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

No. Parsons is coming back if we get Bosh.

4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

People need to start getting banned for dumb threads like this

5. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

You really didn't start a new thread for this, did you?

Lock it up!!!!

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

ESPN doesn't help. They don't have him on the potential roster. They had TJones at SF and the team filling out the roster with the Cap Exception & minimum players.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

REDIRECT: How well do you think BOSH and PARSONS will play together?

Bosh at the 3 pt line on one side
    Parsons on the other
    Harden in the middle
    Dwight Down Low
    Beverly in the corner?

Is that our offensive set?

Bosh or Parsons comes and screens . . .fades to the pop or dive to the rim?

Rocket River

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Exactly.

9. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Umm, Clutch...

[​IMG]

10. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

wow, this is simply beautiful....

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Bosh/Parsons are the two perfect players next to Dwight and Harden.

They can provide defense ( I know Parsons was terrible last season but he was focusing on offense too much, we have seen what he can do). They can both attack the basket. They can both stretch the floor. They are both tall for their positions.

Beverly is the glue guy now. The bull dog who doesn't let the bigger cats push him. We need an amazing sixth man (Daniels) another big man (Okafor) and we need to ensure that Jones gets his minutes. We need to hope that Nick Johnson can play defense. I like our chances.

12. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

What is a better scenario:

1) Howard, Harden, Bev + Bosh & Parsons

2) Howard, Harden, Bev, Hamilton? + Love

For some reason, I like scenario 2

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

The answer is in a million different threads already. But, maybe given the thread title, this can be the one-stop shop for people who don't know how Bosh impacts Parsons. So, I'll answer the question one more time hoping that people will actually see it this time (anyone, correct me if I'm wrong):

The Rockets still hold Parsons Bird Rights, and he is a restricted free agent to boot. So whatever offer he signs from another team, the Rockets will have an opportunity to match. And, they can exceed the salary cap to do so. No matter how much we sign Bosh for and no matter how much Parsons is offered, the Rockets can choose to match and keep him.

Some might wonder if that is too much money for the Rockets to commit to the roster. But again, the answer is that it shouldn't be a problem. With trades to drop Asik and Lin for no returning salary, and then signing Bosh, we'd be right back around the salary cap. Signing Parsons might push us to $8-$14m above the cap, but that's still below the luxury tax threshold and a perfectly reasonable and sustainable level to be at for an NBA team with contention aspirations. If Parsons gets a particularly rich offer, the Rockets might not match because they think he's not worth it, but they won't refuse to match because Les is worried he'll be reduced to eating Raman for dinner to pay for it all.

There is a possibility that Parsons could sign an offer sheet on the first day before the Rockets can't get an agreement from Bosh. That would inflate his cap hold and force the Rockets to choose between Parsons and Bosh. But, he would only do that if he wanted to leave the Rockets, which doesn't seem likely considering he can get his big dollar contract with us, stay at home, keep his starting small forward job, and play with a stacked team competing for championships.

So, it is extremely unlikely that chasing Bosh means giving up Parsons. Quite the opposite, in fact. Getting Bosh is probably a lock for Parsons to stay.

14. Progs

Progs Member

Not gonna lie, I laughed :grin:

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

but belongs in one of the other million threads on these topics. One-star thread.

16. seeingred

seeingred Member

[​IMG]

17. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

REDIRECT: Since the Rockets emphasized defense in their discussion with Bosh, does this mean Parsons will be the 3rd option on offense, and Bosh the 4th?

18. SPBR

SPBR Member

Just take away thread starting privileges. Took me a few months before I could start threads and I haven't started one yet.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I love the idea of Bosh or Parsons setting a screen for Harden, as Harden penetrates Bosh or Parsons steps out for the shot, Howard comes flashing from the opposite side down low, Troy Daniels set up on Howard's side for a corner 3...

Something like this.

[​IMG]

Wow!

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I doubt it.

Bosh on the PnR is great. He sets some pretty solid screens

Rocket River