1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh for who??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by latebloomer19, May 30, 2010.

1. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

yep, its a long offseason, but IF we really have the chance to sign and trade bosh next season, who do we trade for? and why?

i am not trading scola, the ice cream man is i think, have better post moves than cb4.

thoughts?

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For whom...

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No one, Bosh is softer than Jon Koncak.....

DD

4. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

chill, its m first thread :p sorry :)

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Jared Jeffries, David Andersen, Chuck Hayes, Mike Harris, Alexander Johnson, Jordan Hill, 2012 NY draft pick and $3 mil cash considerations.

6. DaDakota

I would do this but switch out Scola for Hill.....don't need both Bosh and Scola...

Either way, I really don't want Bosh, but that is irrelevent anyway because he is not coming to Houston.......at least the odds are against it.

DD

7. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

i think that bosh wouldnt be a nice fit for us.. plus bosh lacks defensive presence in the paint.

8. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

who would you prefer coming to houston then?

9. DaDakota

A healthy Yao Ming.

DD

10. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Who is Bosh? :confused:

Ill check around the GARM and see if ne one else has heard of this mystery man.

BRB.

11. BetterThanEver

If Yao's next 5 years are anything like his last 5 years, you won't see it.

12. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

i didnt liked the martin trade also,

players who come here are too injury proned,
    shoulda gotten a beefy guard like caron butler rather than kevin martin..

btw, i dont see kevin martin highlights here, or threads that talks about martin....

13. Raven

Raven Member

You're more pessimistic than the Queen.

14. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

hahahaha ;) cant we just bring ZIDANE the football player and just teach him how to shoot some hoops like hakeem did?!?! :grin:

15. DaDakota

I prefer realistic....

;)

DD

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

we all want that, but the best guesses only have him back to 100% towards the end of the season. and after the season, then what? how many years does he have left and at what level?

the fact that yao can still be the cornerstone to build around is up in the air. the best thing to do is find another player to build around (easier said than done). that way if yao never gets back to his old self the team will still be relevant... and if he does they will be dominant.

17. DaDakota

I agree for the most part but disagree about Bosh being someone to build around.

DD

18. BetterThanEver

Butler has missed 56 games in the last 4 seasons.
    For injuries, Butler is to Martin as Yao is to McGrady. ;)

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets trade enough salaried players to match a max salary coming back. And trade enough "assets" to Toronto give them something for the effort.

Jeffires (expiring), Andersen (expiring), Hill (asset), 2 out of the 3 of (Rockets 2010 1st round already picked player, Rockets 2011 1st Round Swap Rights, Knicks 2012 1st round pick).

The Raptors might push for Battier (instead of Jeffires) and perhaps Budinger be included. I think the Rockets will push back on that (maybe counter and offer Jermaine Taylor). Rockets will probably also try to keep their 2010 1st round selected player if they can and try to push the Raptors into taking the 2011 swap rights and 2012 Knicks pick.

In the original offer, the Raptors get expiring contracts and in effect 3 1st round picks which includes Hill. Plus Hill can play C with Bargnani which is important to Toronto. I think that's about as good a "haul" as Toronto can get for Bosh considering he is a FA and can walk for "nothing." I think the only better deal (at least in Raptor's minds) would be a trade to the Lakers for Bynum. But then again, will the Lakers make that trade (probably not if they win the championship). And will the Raptors be scared off from Bynum's recent injury woes?

EDIT: I think Scola will be resigned. And as an "energy guy" off the bench could be a dynamite 6th man. Perfect role for him.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

well that much i knew you would say :cool:

my point was that we have to move on past yao. whatever he gives us from this point forward is just gravy. we can't rely on it.

weather bosh is the kind of guy to build around is another argument.