1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bosh doesn't play in the post any more

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 25, 2014.

1. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

That`s easy: Chuck Hayes :grin:

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

They might... Asik would be a fearsome addition to the Heat roster, and Lin isn't a bad bench guard.

3. NotChandlerParsons

Josh Smith when he's playing the right position. Taj Gibson. Serge Ibaka is better at some things.

Chris Bosh certainly does a lot though, I don't think any other big men are asked to trap so aggressively at the moment, nor could they.

4. dream2franchise

"You know what you do? Buy yourself a tape recorder. Record yourself for a whole day. I think you're gonna be surprised at some of your phrasing."

[​IMG]

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I only want bosh if he grows his dreads back out...

6. basketballholic

Taj Gibson
    Chuck Hayes
    Josh Smith

Is that all you got? Are you serious? If so, you'd better watch more Heat games. And I love Chuck Hayes. But Hayes and Smith and Gibson, while each individually have great defensive strengths....... Bosh encompass everything they do in one package and he does it better. He's a better pick-and-roll defender than any of them. He's just as good (better) than Smith in transition D. He's just as good as Hayes in the post and he covers even more ground than Hayes. He's just as effective as Smith in help defense and guarding the rim.

Bosh has NO defensive weaknesses. His basketball iq is through the roof (superior to Smith), he has more length than Smith, he's quicker and longer than each of them. There is NO better defender at the 4 in the NBA than Bosh and he is a HUGE reason why they have won 2 championships, the second most important player to the Heat and the staple of their defense.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pAbelzYLviA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RX_41vD5cN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#47 J.R., May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
  8. Swishh

Swishh Member

Ask the Pacers.

9. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Bosh is mentally weak. Call me crazy but develop TJones on the defensive end and he will be much better fit to the Rockets (low salary and close production).

Don't pay him more than $10M.

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Because he's stretching the floor like his team needs him to.

11. basketballholic

Mentally weak eh?

It

must

be

the

Ooooooffffffffffffffff Seasonnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

12. platypus

platypus Member

That's probably the stupidest thing i've read since Herrera ranting about how he thinks Kyle Lowry is better than Harden.

13. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I removed the size tags. Take it easy. It is weekend. Go have some fun elsewhere if you can't get it here.

Bosh has been tired of bang the bigs in the post since his Raptors days. It was a bless to him that Wade and James picked up the leadership in Miami.

14. MONON

MONON Member

Bosh's stats are 16.2 ppg, 6.6 rpg, per 19.11, fg% 51.6, 3% 33.9 & ft% 82.0. He's the 2nd leading rebounder behind James. He's the 3rd fiddle on the team, which he would be for the Rockets; so his #'s wouldn't drop significantly, like Love's will. Yet you wouldn't pay him more than 10M!?!:eek: You're in a minority of ONE!

15. basketballholic

:cool::)

16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mFqeOh4lCqQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. Mr Chuck Norris

ouch...the very next post

18. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

All right. Let's look at the numbers:
    http://bkref.com/tiny/36qC9

'13-'14 Season Per 36 Minutes
    Code:
    Rk 	Player 		FG% 	3P% 	FT% 	TRB 	PTS
    1 	Chris Bosh 	.516 	[B].339[/B] 	[B].820[/B] 	7.4 	[B]18.2[/B]
    2 	Terrence Jones 	[B].542[/B] 	.307 	.605 	[B]9.1[/B] 	16.0
    '13-'14 Season Advanced
    Code:
    Rk 	Player 		PER 	TS% 	eFG% 	TRB% 	AST% 	USG%
    1 	Chris Bosh 	19.0 	[B].597[/B] 	.555 	13.0 	5.8 	[B]22.6[/B]
    2 	Terrence Jones 	[B]19.1[/B] 	.577 	[B].564[/B] 	[B]14.1[/B] 	[B]7.0[/B] 	18.3
    Advanced Stats for This Year's Playoffs Up-to-now
    Code:
    Rk 	Player 		PER 	TS% 	eFG% 	TRB% 	AST% 	USG%
    1 	Chris Bosh 	16.3 	[B].563[/B] 	[B].546[/B] 	10.3 	5.5 	[B]19.2[/B]
    2 	Terrence Jones 	[B]18.0[/B] 	.519 	.513 [B]	14.7[/B] 	[B]8.7[/B] 	14.3
    While Bosh is the 3rd fiddle behind James and Wade in terms of scoring, TJones is the 4th fiddle behind Howard, Harden, Parsons. I guess you are surprised to find out that TJones has better PER and rebounds better than in both regular season and playoffs with slightly lower scoring.

Yes Jones has to improve in this post defense especially when defending LMA. I still remember how everyone on this board was pleased with his improvement after last summer break. Mark my word, this 22 year old kid will get better defensively after this break.

But you know most importantly what's missing in the above stats?
    Code:
    Rk 	Player 		2014/15 Salary Due
    1 	Chris Bosh 	[B][COLOR="Red"]$20,590,000[/COLOR][/B]
    2 	Terrence Jones 	 $1,618,680
    I hope Morey will spend the $19 million difference to upgrade the point-guard position and to get a top notch wing defender who can shoot three, Bruce Bowen type of guy.

I've no problem to be in a minority of ONE this time if I have to.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

There is a reason why Morey said on the radio that PF is the team's weakest spot. This despite the box score stats that Jones put out.

Jones is young and has potential given that he does put up good box score stats. He will likely grow with experience, but right now, he is just far from a consistently helpful player. He has good runs but look at the playoffs-- the team had to go to Asik for defense and small ball for shooting/offense. The team will do much better with an actual big player who forces the other team to worry about their shooting at 15 feet and beyond while also make few mistakes on the defensive end.

20. Panda23

Panda23 Member

could see them wanting asik but no way lin lmao

imagine wing defenders like lebron/wade funnelling to asik who can actually defend the PnR.... god