1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boomer owns Dan Marino

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Truth, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Truth

Truth Member

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I saw that live and almost had to do a double-take... I was thinking "do they have bad blood between each other?" That about floored me. lol.

3. isoman2kx

isoman2kx Member

lmao

nice one

4. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

damn, that is wrong!

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He had a good point though, that the rest of the team around Manning has to step up.

The only way Indy gets to a Superbowl is to secure home field advantage in the playoffs.

DD

6. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

I don't much care for Boomer. That definitely is funny though.

7. drapg

drapg Member

I saw this live at the time it happened and fell off of my couch in laughter when they panned over Dan's evil eye.

8. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

I didn't think that Dan was pissed. Boomer was trying to say that all the pressure was on Dan to be perfect, that he had to carry the team, and that wasn't fair and he got screwed.

9. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Blame it on the defense?

The Colts are simply sleeping in the bed they made, by loading up on offense and usually ignoring defense or counting on Dungy to preform miracles, they put it on the offense to win games. That might not be fair to Peyton Manning but when half of your starting offense are first round picks and only one player on your defense is a first round pick that's the way it has to be. So if the Colts are smart they'd let Edge, Stokley and Pollard go this offseason and start bringing in some talent on the defensive side of the ball.

10. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

That's the way i took it also. To me Dan seemed annoyed when he got into a postgame debate with Shannon Sharpe.

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Real Classy Boomer. Dan Marino was a better QB then you ever were.

12. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

I thought the Colts got beat in all phases of the game and that includes coaching. It's up to the coaches to make adjustments during half time. It didn't appear that many adjustments were made. Manning made mistakes, but then he wasn't alone.

I am not a Colts fan, but I expected a better game.

13. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Damn windows media player, all I get is the audio? any ideas?

14. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

You need the Divx codec.

15. Hammer755

Hammer755 Contributing Member

Well, I think that was the point. Marino was the best QB in the league, but never won a title. Boomer's saying that Peyton is in a similar situation. To me, Marino should have taken it as a complement.

16. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

To me it didn't sound like Boomer was trying to insult Marino. He was trying to point out that Manning wasn't going to make it into the Super Bowl until the rest of the team stepped up because he can't do it himself. Then he said the situation was similar to Marino in Miami where they just tried outscoring people because the defense was subpar for a playoff team. Then he said that Manning couldn't even do it as well as Marino because Marino could make quicker decisions in the pocket.

17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I can see what your saying, but Boomer should have been a little clearer from the beginning.

18. Christopher

Christopher Member

Marino was probably wondering why Boomer wasnt kissing his a$$ like everyone else does.

Boomer wasnt saying anything over the top. Its a fact.

There are plenty of other former players on these type of shows that are more then willing to talk about their weaknesses....but it looks like Dan never realised that he wasnt perfect.

19. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Boomer is an idiot. He has a tendency to criticize more than to praise - like being critical of a player or team makes you a more insightful analyst or something.

20. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Whatever. He didn't say anything negative at all. Are you guys prejudiced against blondes? :confused: