1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Book-Readers Thread] GOT Season Five

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by shastarocket, Apr 14, 2015.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Do u really think that someone who hasnt read the books and doesnt know the background and just watches the show will find it strange if a promise of lands and titles in westeros made them join? I dont.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Are we just going to pretend jorah didn't just absolutely beast !? That last episode left me impressed with his fighting skills for his age.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Wun Wun survived!

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Synopsis for ep 10...
    Stannis marches. Dany is surrounded by strangers. Cersei seeks forgiveness. Jon is challenged.

Uh oh Jon about to get stabby stabby

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Wun wun is awesome and totally glad they didn't waste his character and used him to swinging a burning tree trunk. sad that he is marked for death... This is a great way to show the bond between the free folk and Jon. When they betray him in certain the free folk will be stepping in to take out Bowen...

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

also who isn't feeling a little bad for jorah?

7. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

If it's an army of 10000 soldiers/knights then yes. It's not Sallador Sahn's fleet doing a favor or the 500 stormcrows. It's shabby writing for an army, and an army that size, to just show up and want to fight for Dany and the riches of westeros. It's not like how she won over the 8000 Unsullied.

8. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

22 episodes left to finish the series and they throw in a 20 minute scene from the Walking Dead. The new walkers rising was a great shot though. And we can confirm that dragonsteel is valyrian steel.

And Dany didn't bat an eye when Tyrion said that Jorah loved her. She's knowingly had him in the friend zone the whole time, the poor galoot.

9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Obviously the leaders get titles and the soldiers follow orders which entail wealth and opportunity. Kind of like any army. What is shabby about mercenaries seeking fortune? It is what they do.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Zombie Avalanche will be hard to beat.

11. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

so jorah will be the one to get burned by drogon, right? danny runs out to help and drogon flies away with her, ser allister opposes jon at the wall and ollie shoots him with an arrow,

really disappointed i didn't get lord manderly's the north remembers speech, but maybe that can still happen, also is rickon on bear island?

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I hope it isn't as simple as Ollie saves john...

13. K mf G

i meant ollie shoots jon with an arrow

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh that's too predictable. They've already shown that idea to the audience, so I expect them to have Ollie either take part in the murder attempt or have Ollie kill Bowen Marsh. I do think they kept Bowen Marsh in the game for him to be the face of the betrayal. I do think the writers have kept Ollie to represent the Knights watch sentiment. He might not like seeing the watchmen kill a giant and then murder snow. That could mean he steps in to make a difficult decision.

On the other side, yes, he could make the opposite decision and kill snow. Though it seems too obvious and hat is already what people are expecting.

15. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We don't know for sure that Jon Snow is dead at the end of the published books do we? Is this confirmed in the unpublished chapters that have been released?

16. K mf G

i don't believe he is dead

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Also Tyrion gets to take on the role that Barristan had in the books as Dude hanging around Meereen I guess after D goes on her lil' sabbatical.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Given what GRRM has said about the issue publicly, it's all but confirmed that Jon Snow's story will continue.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Did I miss something? Reddit keeps referring to the leader of the Others as the "Night's King."

Was this ever revealed/confirmed?

20. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

It was confirmed by the show creators. If you watch the behind the episode for that episode, that's what they refer to him as.

Here's a wiki entry about his role in the books:
    http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night's_King