1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Book] Christian Bale probably hates you (and Leo too!)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TdashDUB, Dec 29, 2012.

1. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Bale's ex-publicist released a tell-all book about the horrors of working with Sir Bale. Sort of falls into the category of "Why should I give a f--k" but I found the article below to be interesting.. The book dropped in May but I don't recall seeing anything on the subject here.

Summary of article:
    "BATMAN star Christian Bale’s temper is so explosive his former publicist was treated for post-traumatic stress disorder after resigning, a new book claims.
    The British actor has also distanced himself from family and friends — and has not spoken to his mother in more than four years, according to the sensational biography.

Written by the ex-publicist, it also accuses the Oscar-winner of being so mean he would reduce little girls who asked for his autograph to tears.
    And it tells how Bale saw Leonardo DiCaprio as his nemesis after the Titanic star kept beating him to roles — and how he REJECTED becoming James Bond.

Harrison Cheung, who was by the 38-year-old actor’s side for a decade, writes: “Pity the fan who recognised Christian at a restaurant.
    “He refused to sign autographs while he was seated. He would lecture little girls about being rude and intrusive until tears streamed down their faces and their parents tugged them away from our table.”

TL:DR part:

[​IMG]

Article: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...Leo-DiCaprio-says-new-book.html#ixzz2GPRYhjvr
    Book: http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Bal...+Bale:+The+Inside+Story+Of+The+Darkest+Batman

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I really admire Bale's dedication to his job

3. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

[​IMG]

Reminds me of, someone who goes balls deep in his craft, anyone seen "The Machinist" that was someone full on getting in a role. Greatest actor of our generation (born in the early to mid 80s)...not by a long shot.. Only one man has that..
    [​IMG]

4. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Hmm...interesting. Someone may hit him in the face soon enough or lose his job if those statements are true.

5. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

wow.... the pics are too large... so much facial hair...... mods remove my hastily posted pics....

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I know the author very well. He's been at our house for christmas parties and such. He's borderline crazy and he hates Bale like a jilted lover.

7. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Doesn't really even matter to me, most of this stuff, relationships gossip as well doesn't affect my enjoyment of the actors work.

8. Dei

Dei Member

Leo must be pretty happy about now somewhere. But Christian Bale absolutely nailed Patrick Bateman. I can't imagine Leo topping it. Though, now knowing this, I can't help but think it's because Bale's also maniacal.

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think Mcgregor would've done a good job too

10. Dei

Dei Member

He had a phony baloney accent in Big Fish and Down with Love.

11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I've never been a big fan of Bale, but I know what you mean. I enjoy Tom Cruise, even though the guy is a nut job.

The crazy ones make good acting.

12. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me that people who excel at completely pretending to be another person might be paychologically unstable????? Omg you dont say harrison.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

So . . . what ya saying it . . . If I every See him Seated in a Restuarant . . .
    I should walk up and say.
    "May I have you Autograph? . . . Mr. DiCaprio, I'm your biggest fan!!"

Rocket River

14. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Sounds like a couple of unemployable publicists cashing in on their last big client, and a guy with a stressful, high profile job. Most "stars" basically showcase their looks and project their real life persona on screen; working actors who actually have to adopt and project a completely separate identity with each script are not going to be as vapid and agreeable as we'd like. Really hard for me to read this and not like him that much more.

15. conquistador#11

isn't every artist one bad tantrum away from reaching insanity. all the good ones are this way.

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Hanks is a compellingly decent man who shrewdly leveraged his waning bankability into substantive roles that both aligned with his genuinely evolved personal values and simultaneously placated liberals and boomers. His acceptance speech for "Philadelphia" was staggering when I saw it in high school and I'd probably earnestly vote for him for President, but there are better actors than him.

17. Jontro

Jontro Member

Bale is the actor we need, not the actor we deserve.

18. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jMvlV-6Spxg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Anyone surprised that some celebrities are dicks? Neither am I.

20. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Jonah Hill is reported to be a total douche.

For all the slack that Tom Cruise gets he's regarded as the most approachable and nicest celeb.