1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Book] A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice & Fire V)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chuck 4, Jul 8, 2011.

1. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

If someone could email me the link/copy to this leaked book I'd appreciate it, I'm going camping on the 11th and will be in the middle of nowhere. Love to read this while I'm there. Email: coupdetat2008@gmail.com ...Thanks.

2. cur.ve

cur.ve Member

Will there be an ebook version released at the same time?

3. Commodore

Commodore Member

audiobook/ebook/hardcover all released July 12

4. Commodore

Commodore Member

salon.com review

5. dmc89

dmc89 Member

^ WOW. Tuesday can't get here fast enough. :mad:

I'm torn between finding a leaked copy (and accidentally stumbling across a spoiler) in some obscure forum vs. waiting for the Kindle release. *sigh*

6. mateo

mateo Member

Amazon just emailed me to tell me mine just shipped, so I guess they plan on it arriving Tuesday.

Cool.

7. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I won't lie, I'm checking every hour to see if the PDF has leaked. No dice yet.

8. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

No one got theirs early yet, huh? I really thought the PDF would leak out by now. Good on them I guess for keeping it on lockdown. Work is going to be interesting tomorrow with me trying to hide that fact that I'm reading it under my desk.

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Shipped from Amazon a few hours ago. b**** better have my money tomorrow, that's all I'm sayin'.

10. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I was too terrified to order mine from Amazon & then it not show up until Thursday or Friday. Hope it works out for you.

11. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

12. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Member
    Supporting Member

Nice article, Chuck. Reminded me of some questions I had after I finished AFfC but that I didn't remember after the long layoff. Be warned everyone, though, that it does contain spoilers about POV character names (although spoiling that one day before the new book comes out doesn't seem so spoilerish anymore).

13. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yes, the article is very spoilerish of the first 4 books. Which is why after tonight, I will have to go dark on this thread until I finish the book. I'll read the book swiftly, but not in one night like some are capable of doing. I still have to do that dumb thing called work for the rest of the week...stupid...

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

ITS OUT!!!!

Just downloaded the txt/pdf files off Demoniod! Guess ill sacrifice my eyes by reading it off my laptop till I can buy the book tommorow.

15. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, I DL'd mine onto my nook about 11:30 last night. So, needless to say, I was up way too late. But it were awesome! In fact, I'm reading the PDF at my office right now :cool:

16. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!
    Supporting Member

Goodie nerd note- please buy this book even if you can get the digital version for free via nefarious routes. GRRM's stuff is worth supporting.

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Agreed.

And I picked up my "hard copy" at B&N on my lunch break. The thing is like a dictionary.

18. Dubious

Dubious Member

19. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Man I need to go back and read AFFC. But my audiobook has a different guy reading it and sounds awful. Plus it's not drawing me in like the other books have.

20. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Just wanted to add that while at Barnes & Noble this morning, there were about 25-30 people in line to buy the book. And the ratio was 9 to 1 females. So whatever idiot reviewer said that this series is just "boy fiction" further proved they need to do some homework before writing an article.

[​IMG]

If you listen closely, you can hear a choir of angels singing... :grin: