1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He’s a backup center. He’ll be fine.

2. alethios

alethios Member

but, but, but Boggy Cousins are perfect.

3. riko

riko Member

This guy has no business getting playing time

BleedRocketsRed likes this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This guy shouldn't even be in the league at this point.

I cannot believe there's people on here who were so deluded by the homerism glasses that they thought he would bring anything positive to this team.

The good thing about the pre-Harden era Rockets was you knew they'd leave it all on the court every night, but there weren't many players on the team you'd consider low IQ.

This team is laughable because we not only don't have the skill, but we seem to have a few low IQ players rolling up on the court which just magnifies how bad they are.

Every single time he puts the ball on the floor and makes a move towards the ring I know it's going to end in a woefully pathetic shot.

ak99999 likes this.
  5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It’s hard to even imagine Boogie when he was good at this point. I keep wondering watching this year ...”was he ever good??”

BossHogg713, YOLO and ak99999 like this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I legitimately feel sorry for him. He can't do anything. I thought that maybe he could be a pick and pop guy who hits some shots (~35%) and make a few good passes. But he's only shooting 25% from 3 and has not been a good passer as a big man. He should only play at the very end of games when the outcome is already decided but we have no one else to play as a big.

Our dumping of Jarrett Allen for a bad FRP is crazy, and I'm not even an Allen fan.

YOLO likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

Even as a backup, dude has been horrendous on both ends of the floor

AXG and conquistador#11 like this.
  8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

The guy literally comes on the court to fight or jack up shots like he's in practice by himself, I don't think he cares what's on the scoreboard.

9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

There was a time that he was considered better than or on par with an emerging Anthony Davis and very coveted by Clutchfans. Brief couple seasons that is.

10. conquistador#11

He looks like he is playing with 30 lbs ankle weights. You remember those, when you were 14 yrs old and would wear them all day thinking you'll be able to dunk when you took them off.

11. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Its painful watching him playing knowing what he once was. His shot attempts from within 2 ft. have just as much probability of going in as they would if he attempted them from half court

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. vator

vator Contributing Member

We just can’t catch a break in Houston. First snowmageddon aka snovid and now this. The hits just keep coming. Rough week. F U Ted Cruz!

14. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

He's earned it! He's slower but his skill set remains intact. Boogie seems like a solid teammate and hope he catches on with a multiyear deal somewhere next year. This year he should help us get a top 4 pick :D

15. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I like Boggy. Sure he isn't the dominant player he was, but his shot has been much better. If he started finishing around the rim again he would be a great back up C.

16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

For a backup center, there's nothing majorly wrong with Cousins, especially on that contract. Yes, his shooting percentage is terrible, especially in the paint, and yeah his best years are for sure behind him, but I don't mind a guy like that on this team. He shouldn't be playing starter minutes, but it is what it is.

17. vator

vator Contributing Member

6’10 and 270 with a 37% field goal percentage

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

2nd in command to the tank!

It's cool that he made it back. I'm not the biggest fan but I respect his game and his determination to make the comeback for sure. It just hurts him to run and it's obvious. Bald tires and worn brake pads. He was a legit star in Sacramento and that wasn't exactly a long time ago. How much mobility is a man of that size and injury history really set to regain now that he's 30? Maybe a little but from where he was to here, I mean go watch some Kings highlights. He's pretty freaking graceful and athletic for a huge man. Now he's painfully lumbering everywhere. I'm happy for him to get this nod but the larger question of 'how much is in the tank?' still looms.

TNT could use a replacement for Shaq. Pretty sure they pay well too.

vator likes this.
  19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, jacking three-pointers and missing shots at the rim will do that.

But he's looked a little better lately (maybe because the team overall has looked worse).

vator likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Lakers gave him a ring for not playing a single reg season game. Now his contract guaranteed for the year.

Might not look it, but Boogie doing something right to somebody...