1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

My friend, with those numbers (20p, 10r, 4a) Cousins will go to the All-Star Game.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

One year non-guaranteed, so why not. But I think many here are hoping for too much. If we get 40 games out of him where he plays maybe 10 minutes a game, that will be huge IMO. He's not about to fix our rebounding, paint defense, and toughness woes; he's not that player anymore*.

*He actually never was, but now he is definitely not that player.

slothy420, MrButtocks, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Lol. What about Rollin Ruffelle Stone
    Or Ruffle those feathers with these Big stones

maybe wake and bake wasn’t a good idea

#503 BHannes2BHonest, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    BamBam likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

We've got Cousins. Now let's get Brothers onboard.

[​IMG]

FrontRunner likes this.
  5. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Good signing, he has something to prove and only still 30. I see a resurgence with a slightly modified game due to his lack of lateral movements clearly shown in his “workout” video. I feel like we have gotten better with our Cousins Wood.

6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Ranting? It's a two line post, take it easy dude. That's not a rant. You're reading things from my post that I'm not saying. I'm not upset about it, I didn't say it was a bad move. I just said I'm surprised how excited people are getting, it seems like a lot of people still think this guy is all star level from the reactions in this thread. It just surprised me, that's all. I expect him to give the value you would expect out of a vet min signing.

HP3 likes this.
  7. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Not sure why all the hate. Cousins has always produced even coming off of other injuries. As long as he can walk he’s a scoring and playmaking machine.

Let him run the second unit with WB pnr. Keep the offense scoring while Harden is in the bench. Bigger problem for the Rockets is needing more legit depth after losing Rivers and Roco.

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think Demarcus Cousins has Huge Dreams. Huge Motivation in being a
    All Star again. Win a Championship.
    Getting a Max Contract.

I won't doubt him. Anything is Possible in Self Belief. Human Beings can Accomplish Anything in Life.

jcmoon, fckbandwagons and D-rock like this.
  9. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

He's way too tall to be on this team. He does know that the Rockets have no actual playable Centers outside of PJ Tucker who is a FA right meow right?

But really though, this team is going nowhere as currently constructed. Our salary cap is handicapped with both RW and JH on the team, then you have one of the best GMs who's bread and butter was contracts nearly always within the league standard but danced the line of legality. Granted he's had a few significant injuries, we are just agreeing to the Vet minimum.

Let's hope for a healthy and productive squad this next season !

10. HP3

HP3 Member

1.He's HAD 3 MAJOR injuries within the span of 3 years. He''s on the wrong side of 30. And he was already bad defensively and he was already slow. Expecting him to make an impact is unrealistic.

2. They are not going to be better than Covington. I doubt that. They will be servicable and I will be surprised if they are more than that(pleasantly).

3. I've known about Wood for a while and I have seen him play. His offense is really good but his defense is nowhere near Covington who fit REALLY well on our team. He also shot 50% for the playoffs. Covingotn is a great role-player. This trade for Wood was a wash.

4. Yea I am. Because Cousins isnt gonna help are already bad locker room and lead to us blowing it up for real this time. Which I do not want. Like I said, the only reason this sign is good is because it means Harden will stay.

5. Bro lol, he's a high profile player who's expecting more than a "minimum" role. That's shouldnt happen and remember the last time we did that with Melo, didnt work out so well. I just want a dude who wont cause problems and thats not what we have. And as for the guys, I just said I dont expect them to move the needle. You are the one who's expecting more from them, not me.

6. LMAO no, Im not and yet we have worse owner than the one who Owns the Texans. And if you honestly think this guy Stone has done and will do better than Daryl Morey then you are straight up DELUSIONAL. It's almost at "STOP THE COUNT" levels. Cmon man

YOLO and Os Trigonum like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Right "meow" PJ Tucker is not a FA.

c1utchfan925 likes this.
  12. onreego

onreego Member

13. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

It's his legs that I am afraid of. He just needs to understand his role and capabilities.

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Was not the sound I was expecting from a band with Vampire in its name.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol tell us what yo really think hp :D

HP3 likes this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't have a lot of expectation for Boogie. Just hope that it's not Melo v.2.0. He seemed okay with the Warriors.

D-rock likes this.
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

I miss being a homer bro. :(

People making presumptive threads and I gotta be like

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

This is our year. It's all happening! Crazy! It's all happening! Stay healthy and we got this!

19. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

gonna start calling you basketmadhp

HP3 likes this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this is gonna be a tough season to be a homer

HP3 and D-rock like this.