1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Ecstatic about this, Hope it works out to a guaranteed deal. Now I think we have the pieces to be a under the radar contender if everyone buys in barring injury. This could be a special year y'all. Get your popcorn ready!!

2. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

This guy is nene on steroids! Him playing nene/tyson chandler's role is significant!

D-rock likes this.
  3. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

I dont get it. A lot are still unhappy yet

1. We filled out a needed position for a big man
    2. The deal is non guaranteed
    3. You whiny ass b****es

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The million-dollar question is when is Justin James going to arrive

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  6. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I think he meant it the other way around or if he didn't he should. You don't have the ability to sign Cousins if Harden is halfway out. By all accounts there was a lot of competition to get him and since he signed for the minimum it means he believes in the future of the team. I'm not saying Harden is locked but he at least told Boogie he'll be here for this season.

joshuaao and fckbandwagons like this.
  7. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Well considering Morey tried to trade for woods at the deadline and sign Cousin in July I’d say the spirit of his wishes are still here.

but I digress, I just think there is definitely evidence among the Rockets analytics FO that playing two skilled bigs has a place.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

id swap wall for Russ just for the entertainment. It would be literally a completely new team around Harden in a major way.

and I personally like walls game more than Russ even though I do know russ is a better player.

But at the same time I don’t see how you get picks for Russ same goes for wall. I think you prob have to give up a pick or 2 just to unload either contract.

might as well change the whole team up one last time around Harden and see what happens it would be fun to watch none the less.

get rid of Covington and Russ for Wood, Wall and Cousins.

be fun to watch either a great team or a clown show.

I know what I’m getting with Russ atleast Wall is an unknown could be cool or it could be terrible.

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I liked Morey a lot the cp3 deal and adding PJ was actually a really good move second best he did besides trading for Harden.

but stone has def been moving and shaking in less than a month. It’s pretty entertaining to watch. Def has me more excited about watching the rockets in a month then I did before Morey left.

they might be worse than last year who knows but it will be fun to watch this extremely different team with actually bigs who can do more than just dunk and rebound.

10. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

For like 3 straight years I’m felt worse about the team after the season ended and when the team ended free agency. It definitely will be exciting and that’s all you can ask for !

#430 TheRealAllpro, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    joshuaao, csnerd84 and YaoMing#1 like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

why wouldn't you. no other playoff team has room for him with a clear avenue for minutes. The rockets are one of the last teams with multiple roster spots open that don't have their rotation in the middle in tack. Boogie is one of the last people that will make or break harden's desire to leave.

D-rock likes this.
  12. csc177

csc177 Member

Number 3!

13. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

hope we not getting a damaged good here, and he can last a full season.

D-rock and Kim like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Waiting for the posts that are waiting to deride the posts of Rockets fanatics rallying behind their own players on a Houston Rockets Fanatic Forum.

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

waiting for consistency in logic

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

100% it’s just entertainment at the end of the day. I’d love to see them win a championship and I def think they will win 50 games or so because of just harden being able to play his PNR again with Wood. But adding cousins is by far another thing to just look forward to watching gives us something to Talk about and very soon watch.

18. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Please tell me we can get the Boogie seen here two years ago

D-rock, joshuaao and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

20. icewill36

icewill36 Member

we shot over 40% from 3 three times and lost. we got killed in the half court getting crushed on the glass. we had no answer for lebron and AD. neither did any other team in the league. crown them

jiggyfly and csnerd84 like this.