1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Supposedly he has been exceptional in his rehab and staying in shape. I was concerned he would get fat and slow but the reports with both the Lakers and Warriors were that he worked hard, didn’t cause problems and stayed out of trouble.

Im not overly excited about Cousins and he earned his reputation in Sacramento, but he has not been a problem for several years.

Deuce, joshuaao, Richie_Rich and 9 others like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Cousins will be lucky to average 15 mins on a consistent basis. 20 would be above expectations. And he’s going to be on rest maintenance

HP3 and raining threes like this.
  3. raining threes

PJ is probably the starting 4-5 along with Wood.

House is the starting SF and Nwaba will be the 1st wing off of the bench because of his defense. Brown is good defensively too and the wing that has the hot hand will get the most PT. Boogie will probably come off of the bench unless he's regained his lateral quickness. I'm just glad the Rockets added some size, rebounding. Watching them get pounded on the boards every night told me they weren't going to win a championship.

The passing of Harden/Boggie should be fun to watch.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

It got worse. Covington was a great rebounder. We had a top 10 defense last year. So is guarding on the perimeter and so is running a pick and rol defense. Wood is not great defender or even a good one, he's an average one. Cousins(if he gets a lot of minutes) will hurt our defense ALOT. He was never a good defender even when he was healthy. He never did move great laterally. He cant even hang with bench units tbh dude is coming off of like 3 major injuries. Brown isnt that good of a defender and Nwaba is largely unproven and neither really have the 3 ball to replace Covington's production. Like I said, there were no needle movers here. And we will NOT be a top 10 defense this year like we were last year.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

But defense ? One of them has to defend a smaller guy .... and switching really isn't an option.

raining threes and HP3 like this.
  6. raining threes

As long as he's healthy and playing well in the playoffs is all that really matters.

18pbr likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

They’ll need to actually get there first

HP3 likes this.
  8. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

well we haven't seen the new game style yet but Wood can defend any of the bigs really and Boogie is at a size where he can play centre or forward

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I wouldn’t immediately discount Cousins starting with Woods at the 4.

Morey said in the past that there is a rebounding advantage if you can get the right bigs. Cousins/ Woods both being shooting bigs who can play make would def qualify.

18pbr likes this.
  10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We all just got to wait and see on Cousins. If he just brings the offense and rebounding I'm good with that. Our defense will be whatever it is depending on what we do as a unit cohesively and what the buy in will be philosophy wise.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Caesar

Caesar Member

BraBra slamming his nuts on the dresser

raining threes and 18pbr like this.
  12. macan

macan Member

we need a boogie man on this team.
    so Harden staying or what?

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

14. Nook

Nook Member

Achilles tears are one of the worst injuries but there are players that returned and did very well. Dominique Wilkins and Rudy Gay are two I can think of. Also Cousins came back from the Achilles and was playing well for the Warriors when he tore the ACL.

15. raining threes

You are assuming alot of things here.

1. Cousins on the 2nd unit last yr avg'ed 15-8 not bad.

2. RoCo was an avg on ball defender not a great defender that you make him out to be. So is Wood, Wood is a better shot blocker

Obviously you haven't seen Nwaba play, there's a reason Morey signed him to a 2 yr contract while he was injured. He's an above avg defending wing that's a great athlete. Brown was a useful bench player with the #1 seeded Bucks because of his defense. He's just got to find his shot again.

Let's see how all of this plays out before passing judgement. Like you said neither one of us are GM material. I choose to leave putting a team together up to the professionals. If it doesn't look like it's going to workout after 40-50 games then we can have a more knowledgeable discussion.

BTW, they've got to find a backup PG. Hopefully a good defensive PG with Boogie running with the 2nd team.

16. raining threes

As long as Harden's on the team they will make the playoffs.

Dubious likes this.
  17. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Low risk High reward signing.
    I am glad He is here with final roster spot I would like to see Anthony Bennet.

DaDakota and raining threes like this.
  18. csc177

csc177 Member

Morey isnt here anymore. Silas likes to play bigs. So I agree and believe we'll see alot of Boogie and Woods on the floor together...IMO the best starting 5 combo is RW, JH, DH, CW, and Boogie...although im not sure how Tucker would like coming off the bench (he's already angry with his contract.)

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Which is still up in the air.

20. tc0330

tc0330 Member

lmao f*ck it right?

DaDakota likes this.