1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bolden could be a 6'10 Robert Covington type of player (disruptor & rim protector) but better rebounder and much more advanced ball handler and distributor.

DeBeards and carib like this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

The end of the bench for an other coach’ vision is the worst we could do with him. He is a WIN all the way around. Even if MDA is our coach now his contract is up.

D-rock likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

I honestly believe that MDA is retained. Morey has fully committed financially to small ball, what other coach believes in this system like D'Antoni?

And as much hate as Mike gets, he has made Westbrook efficient AND maximized Harden.

No other coach has ever been able to do that.

BaselineFade and fattz like this.
  4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I think most people are looking at him as a tantalizing long-term prospect on a great contract rather than a savior for this season. If he were making $10M+ per year I doubt many would be clamoring to trade for him.

As for why he wasn't traded for anything, who knows? We apparently liked Gary Clark and Bruno Cabloclo, but recently waived both only to trade for the latter again. I'm sure the 76ers tried to get something for him rather than cut him for nothing. Maybe no team was willing to trade for him because the teams that could actually use him, rebuilding teams with poor records, are in the best position to claim him off waivers. Why trade for him if you think you could get him for free?

BaselineFade, jcmoon and D-rock like this.
  5. fattz

fattz Member

That is very true. His systems work well and he changed the way the game is played as couple of times. He even made Lee an all star. He is a great basketball mind. Why is he in a lame duck situation if the team plans on retaining him?

BaselineFade and D-rock like this.
  6. xaos

xaos Member

sign the young fella already!

7. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

The problem with D'Antoni is his small rotation that kills Harden during the regular season. There is no reason to play 7 players in a regular season NBA game.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

$$$$

Still negotiating methinks.

fattz likes this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

So mobile and such a good passer for 6'10.

Can grab and go, give and go, dive and kick out.

Plays like a Point Center with 3ball and switch defense.

DeBeards and jcmoon like this.
  10. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

How many days after a player is waived can one be claimed?

If Morey hasn't signed Bolden yet, has the decision been made already not to sign Bolden? Are they waiting on someone else?

Waive Harstenstein and Chandler.

D-rock likes this.
  11. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I’m tired of waiting please bring him in already.

bj3175 and D-rock like this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dont get me wrong I like prospects on the team but other posters are talking about him getting lobs from Harden. Bruno hasnt even gotten 1 min on the court so Holden is gonna change his name to Sitten cuz thats all he'll be doing lol. If I'm a prospect, have other teams and I'm taller than 6'7 I look at Hartenstein and Caboclo and the Rox are def my last choice.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dumbtoni doesnt believe in small ball, he believes in midget ball. Small ball is 6'8/6'9 centers with 7'11 wingspans. Midget ball is 6'5 centers with 6'6 pfs.

I can see small ball teams winning the championship but midget ball winning a ring is gonna take a miracle to happen. Due to this I want Dumbtoni gone but more than half the board knows this by now lol

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

When you call him dumbtoni it really says more about you than coach.

And it also signals that you are completely closed to any meaningful discourse on subject.

Y2JT, jogo, alethios and 2 others like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's no meaningful discourse to be had everything that needs to be said has already been said by both Dumbtoni fans and haters alike. History keeps repeating itself thats why I'm not confident there will be anything different this year. More than likely Dumbtoni gonna Dumbtoni and the Rox will likely have another failed season. This is Dumbtoni's last chance after this season even you will have to see Dumbtoni for the Dumbtoni he really is.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Id rather have Bolden than Bruno. Then Id grab Jeff Green & Henson.

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

I had hoped you were better than this. Your view is tainted by your personal dislike so it's obvious that any discussion with you on this subject would not be fruitful, let alone thoughtful.

Unfortunate.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes, to Bolden and Green.

Henson is long and excellent rim protector but not sure if he is best fit. Not a sudden athlete, seems to struggle defensively the further he is from basket.

BaselineFade likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Anyone know Morey's twitter or Instagram?

Thinking of asking him directly to consider Bolden.

bj3175 likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

#60 D-rock, Feb 10, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2020