1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bold Prediction: The Media is about to fall in love with the Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 5, 2011.

1. msn

msn Member

I can understand your not wanting to get into some long diatribe-laden poop-storm. I was just trying to see what it was about the guy that makes you call him a pretentious douche bag.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He's the son that everyone's parents wanted but instead they had us..

2 people like this.
  3. msn

msn Member

haha nice.

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Can't someone just wish the worst on someone without having to explain it?

5. magnetik

magnetik Member

I'm fine with no media attention cause everytime it happens the bus eventually crashes. I think ill just enjoy the ride this time.

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Is monday night football eligible for flex scheduling? Texans Bengals has to have a bigger draw than Seahawks Rams.

7. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Member

Only flex is Sunday night. Sucks to be ESPN.

8. liljojo

liljojo Member

They brought it on themselves. Who the in their right mind thought that SEA/STL would be a good matchup?

Maybe like 10 years ago.

9. msn

msn Member

yes. enjoy. :/

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Defense wins Super Bowls.
    Texans have THE DEFENSE

Rocket River

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

F(#$)(& NBC and Mr. Costas for not putting my Texans on Sunday Night's FLEX. :eek: Perhaps that's a good thing so we don't get jinxed, but still, F'em to death.

12. Nick

Nick Member

Seriously... the Cowboys get 3 games this season coming off a 6-10 season, but the Texans can't get one coming off a 9-7 season (for last season)?

I don't care that the Texans haven't had one game on there.... because before this year, they never really deserved it. But, I hate the sense of entitlement NBC has to give certain teams multiple appearances.... regardless of their previous season... and yet say why all teams don't appear is because its merit based.

Next year, they'll likely put the Raiders and Tebow on 3 times each... and both teams are just as likely to be crappy like the Chiefs were this year (who had two games).

13. Nick

Nick Member

They paid twice what NBC pays to cover the NFL... and they don't a hint of flex scheduling and had to give up their signature highlight show (Sunday night primetime). Dumb, dumb, dumb.

14. hairyme

hairyme Member

Pretty much any Sunday game has a bigger draw than whatever snoozefest is being shown every Monday night. I think i've only watched MNF once this year? Maybe twice...

Whatever methodology ESPN used to choose match-ups for this year's schedule is an absolute joke. Then again, I should be grateful--I don't have cable anyway!

15. Nick

Nick Member

Seriously.... Jacksonville gets two home games?!? Did I miss when they made the playoffs last year? They went freakin 8-8 last year and NOBODY thought they'd be good this year, their stadium is routinely half empty, and they play in one of two cities that don't really deserve to be NFL cities (the other being the other "ville").

16. meh

meh Member

Texans isn't going to get much love. The "Story" will get some love because everyone likes an underdog. But the Texans will not get any love from the media until they win at least 2 superbowls. Heck, the Rockets got no love until they won their 2nd championship.

17. pocketrocket81

I hope this knucklehead didn't jinx us like he did when the Oilers lost to the Bills in the biggest NFL comeback. Bob Costas is a poor man's Howard Cosell...I guess we will know soon enough. I prefer to be under the radar all the way to the super bowl.

18. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

Fall in love with the Texans? Come back to me when the NFL/NBC decides to schedule sunday night at Reliant.

The only media love is getting our games pre-empted outside Houston and token statements of being a feel good story before going back to debating on Tebow/Steelers/Cowboys/Patriots.

19. conquistador#11

warren sapp showing mad love on NFL access says we can win out and have the defense, along with the running backs to make a run. ****

**** He also said 'Jacoby ford' needs to step up while AJ recovers from the hammy again.

20. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

He probably tried to say Jacoby Jones.