1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boko Haram pledges allegiance to Daesh

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Remii

Remii Member

Because Nigeria received it's independence from Britain around the 1960's and Boko Haram could possibly make it so bad in Nigeria that a western country may have to move in with its military and take control (of Nigeria and it's resources)... And I'm sure Britain would love to be the country to do so. That is why in my opinion they turn a blind eye to the funding coming out of the UK to Boko Haram.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Interesting how you say people in this country should fight for better treatment but yet you're disgusted with those people over there who are fighting for what they want.

Is it because they are too violent and taking things too far...?

3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

I don't think Daesh is fighting for "better treatment" do you? They are fighting to create a State in which they can literally rape and enslave the communities living in the area. Furthermore, many, if not most, of the Daesh fighters are not even from the area.

If you want to see what people fighting for better treatment looks like, check out Rojava and the People's Protection Units. Daesh is more like having the KKK fighting to bring back the Confederacy.

4. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's not exactly what i said.

5. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

No? I am sincerely not trying to misconstrue your words, but you said :

and what I am pointing out to you is that anti-westernism is one of the primary tenants of these groups. It is not the discontinuation of support that made them anti-west, it is an essential element of the groups themselves. It is part of the raison d'ĂȘtre.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

And you're still a p***y.

Says the guy who has almost 50 % more posts.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Northside Intern and RM95 are being humiliated in this thread by ATW.

Carry on.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I love me some ATW! :cool:

1 person likes this.
  9. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

rationalize all you want LOL.

"oh I was merely implying he was a terrorist, of course it's a joke because well, I joke a lot haha"

to keep you on point you still haven't responded to my questions:

#49 Northside Storm, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

bigtexxx ->

AroundTheWorld
    lolllllllllllllllll.

some of you guys are just too funny to watch. predictable.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

12. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

again, i'm not an expert, but i don't think the mujahideen were necessarily anti-western during the SOV-Afghanistan war. by the time the Taliban consolidated power some years later, they certainly were. it's the interim cause/effect i'm uncertain about.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wait until they find out that Isis doesn't like black people lol.

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Mujahadeen were a mix of people that didn't share monolithic views. They consisted of tribal groups from different tribes who didn't necessarily like each other just hated the Soviets more. They also consisted of foreign fighters who primarily were fighting for ideology. Many of these came from Saudi Arabia and other parts of the Middle East who already didn't like the West because of support for secular strongmen and also because of what they saw as corrupting Western influence. Following the defeat of the Soviets the Pashtuns were radicalized and aided by foreign fighters who were already creating Al Qaeda, defeated other tribal groups such Tajik's and Turkmen.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I'm comfortable sending you to war whenever you're ready. In fact I'd be very happy to see the Germans, French, and British get off their assess and go clean this up. Go knock yourselves out, invade Syria and Iraq. Let us know how it goes.

I'm not surprised you would bring Israel into the conversation. Your obsession knows no limits. We don't need anything from Israel, they need everything from us. That's not an alliance, it's welfare.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Have you heard of NATO? Hint: It shouldn't work the way you are just describing it.

And more Israel-hate from you. Tell us more about yourself, CometsWin. What in your background makes you hate them so much?

17. CometsWin

You chickenhawks don't need to hide behind NATO to go stop these killers. You want to stop the genocide then have a little initiative. Freaking NATO. LOL.

Sorry folks, we freedom loving Euros would love to help but we're waiting on NATO. Until then we'll just talk a good game, draw some more cartoons, and write some more editorials but rest assured we've got your backs! As soon as these crazies reach Poland we'll be ready!

Good job, good effort.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The actual truth is that some of your goals are not that far removed from those of ISIS, CometsWin.

Both of you would like to see Israel wiped off the map.

19. CometsWin

Unfortunately for you, in the US we've had a lot of experience dealing with chickenhawks attacking people for being against the war so your stale tactics and lame slights are boring. But please do carry on with this message board war of your own with the full knowledge that your own country isn't doing a damn thing to stop this genocide.

I guess by your creeper logic, Europe's goals are not that far removed from those of ISIS. Both would love to see more genocide.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If people hadn't realized what a crazy idiot you are before this, they would know now.