1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boki on ESPN

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by wiredog, Nov 16, 2006.

1. wiredog

wiredog Member

is it just me, or do they show a lot of highlights of boki on sports center? i know he was given ample amount of playing time here, and it's not the same situation as novak or v-span, but how do you feel about someone drafted so high and considered a good prospect only to be traded away and shine for another team?

2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

3. kikimama

kikimama Member

7PPG, 2.4RPG, shines so bright I can barely see the BBS...
    Oh yeah and that espn tv program, well you see... it's kind of... how can I say this... ...

BULL$HIT!

4. Highwire

Highwire Member

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

First, I don't consider Boki to have been drafted "so high". Unless, of course, you mean in correlation to his talent level. In which case, he was drafted extremely high! But if you mean that he was a high pick, then I'd disagree. The 15th pick is not high - it's mid. It's in the domain where there are always some surprises and never any sure things. We all hoped Boki would be a steal at 15, it turns out he wasn't.

Second, do you really consider 7.2 ppg and 2.4 rpg shining?

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

I guess DaDakota got bored and decided to become CEO of Disney...

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

But in the games he's goten significant time, he usually scores 12-15 points

9. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

To sum it up, his rebouding is poor for a 6'9" forward, his shooting is inconsistent.

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I don't miss him much. Likewise, when Stromile's healthy, he makes it on ESPN a lot, too. And I don't miss him either.

11. Pringles

Pringles Member

the only reason i respect him is the karl malone incident. :D
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPv59_T4uO0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPv59_T4uO0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

12. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

sitting here laughing and smiling. for that one play Boki should be in the Rockets Hall of Fame. I am sure that Hakeem and Clyde would support putting that video on permanent display in Toyota Center.

Danny Fortson, Bruce Bowen, John Stockton and Karl Malone - among the worst of NBA dirty players. BTW I understand Bowen was the cause of Franchise's sprained ankle, another of his cheap tricks he repeats all the time.

13. dookiester

dookiester Member

i remember that. i was so angry at malone and happy for nachbar at the same time. karl malone is such an idiot. there needs to be a special kind of penalty for players who do stupid stuff, like getting angry for absolutely no reason or trying to blame someone when the only one at fault is himself.

14. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

15. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

he's shooting really well.

16. Chopped

Chopped Member

OMFG did any one see him POSTERIZE Jermaine?

17. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Boki just turned into a poor man's Radmanovic. It's good to see him get more TV time. I think it has to do with him being on the east coast now. Their games are earlier enough to make it to the highlight reels.

18. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

malone got owned so bad.

19. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Malone getting blocked by Boki after that undercutting is probably the best moment in sports history that I've ever seen live. The TC was rocking during that series.

20. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

That video was awesome. No one expected Nachbar would have the balls to go and knock Malone to the floor.