1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BOKI gets career night, 1 game after National TNT game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Jan 28, 2007.

1. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is not quite true. It is true that he has just about never brought the ball up the court, but whenever he plays garbage minutes Lucas brings it up and then (when he doesn't jack) passes off to VSpan where he sets up at the top of the key. So in those sets he is pretty much the point. This is also the same way he was used with the Greece national team (where he was 6th - 7th man) and often for Pana...where he was a high turnover guy.

Just as an aside, however late I maye be - you criticized Sam for acting as if he knew more than Riley (in all caps) about using zone. That can also be turned against you, though, because you would be saying that you know more than Van Gundy and any other coach who doesn't go zone against the Suns.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Fair enough points. It is all opinion anyway. As for V-Span and PG....he does get to initiate some of the offense and if the scrubs he plays with could hit a shot he would have a lot more assists.

He creates better than anyone on the team not named Tmac....

And, his turnover problem has not surfaced in the regular season....he just needs a chance.

But this is a Boki thread....and it is a place for BOKI love !!

Feel the Bokster baby !

DD

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

SamFisher: Any scrub can do that on a losing team that plays no defense. ;)

4. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Easy, you are a bad bad man !!

:D

DD

5. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

6. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

7. Rockets Dynasty

This thing with Boki has NOTHING to do with he didn't try early and this offseason he suddenly cared.

That's got to be JVG using that argument himself right there.

PLEASE

Boki is just now recovering from having his heart and will ripped out of him by the Rockets.

8. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

Boki is taking over in the 4th QT against Wizards. Only 8 shot attempts and socred 14pts already.

Mark jackson is questioning why the heck Hornets and Rockets get the rid of this guy. LOL.

9. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I always knew Boki would become an All-Star.

10. ivanyy2000

LOL. Total 9 shots and he scored 19pts already. Plus 4 rebs and 1 ast. Another solid game.

11. mirror_image

mirror_image Contributing Member

I am so proud of Boki :cool:

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Yep, his confidence is sky high know, he knows he belongs. The light bulb has ignited !

It may be getting kind of old...but...Boki agains soars for NJ.

Sam Fisher...where are you these days?

23pts
    6rbs
    2 ast

This is what I see in V-Span....only EVEN more....Boki was always about finding his confidence, it is fun watching him stroke the 3 ball, or slash to the hole, or dunk OVER someone...AGAIN......Boki is arriving as we speak.....but V-Span has an even higher ceiling.

He has a tenacity about him, and a very high basketball IQ.....and players will gravitate to him because he will make them better.

Just needs time....you listening....HATERS.....TIME !!!

DD

#132 DaDakota, Feb 27, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  13. DaDakota

Supporting Member

PS.

Boki should be doing this in Houston, the fact that the Rockets gave him away for basically nothing, is appalling.

JVG ran him out of town.....way to go....JEFF !!

NOT !

DD

14. ivanyy2000

Keep it up, Boki.

Next season I gonna write him in the all star game. :cool:

15. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Got anything more to say, genius?

:rolleyes:

Last 5 games -WOW

DD

#135 DaDakota, Feb 28, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Well I have to admit Boki futures are at an all time high.

I still say SELL.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wow! he's shooting 60% and grabbing boards like he's dennis rodman!

18. Rockets Dynasty

You have consistently showb you have zero bball knowledge.

Nachbar is a more athletic Peja, and the Rockets ruined him, threw him away, now he finally recovers his confidence and the Nets have a better player than Jefferson (another good player we discarded for total crap).

Meanwhile a guy with more talent than either (Spanoulis) rides the pine and people like you insult him and praise JVG for his moves.

Rockets fans in general have the lowest skills of any bball fabs I've seen for judging basketball talent.

The few who do have it, get lambasted by the "real fans." The ones who know that JVG is always right.

19. SamFisher

Rockets Dynasty/ Ming_7_6:

I don't have basketball knowledge of fake things that never happened like the story you fabricated about Sura .

I'm not sure what else goes on in your head that I don't have knowledge of, and am pretty sure I don't want to.

By the way, didn't you promise to leave the forum and never come back? What gives, Ming_7_6? :confused:

20. SamFisher

It was back during that 72-10 year.

Nachbar was a rookie then. Anyway the cavs played the Bulls and Nachbar got into it with both Jordan and Pippen.

It all started when Jordan inbounded the ball and Nachbar stripped Pippen, then when Jordan went after the ball Nachbar lowered a shoulder.

The next thing Jordan went to post up Nachbar and said to him loudly and so clear everyone knew what it was,

"Get the f- off of me rookie, no one guards me, especially rookies, don't you f-ing know that?"

Nachbar proceeded to strip the ball, then as Jordan stared him down he dropped him with a forearm.

Pippen then was placed on Nachbar to shut him down as he was running point.

Nachbar continually took Pippen down court then posted him up.

It all culminated when Jordan took Nachbar down low, then dunked on him, and said to him again so clear everyone knew it, "now get the f- out of the game rookie before I get mad."

Nachbar waived his coach off, took Jordan in the post and dunked all over him.

He then got right into Jordan's face and said "I'll kick your f-ing a$$ and you know it." Jordan quickly backed away.

Rodman and Pippen came over and Nachbar threw both to the floor and was ejected.

After the game Jordan and Pippen said he was the most fierce and toughest competitor they had ever seen, and that they had total respect for him. They went as far as to say he was the toughest warrior they ever faced and both stated they would love to have him on their team