1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BOKI gets career night, 1 game after National TNT game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Jan 28, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

2. richirich

richirich Contributing Member

Whadda we gonna do when find out DD and Sam are either a paranoid schizophrenic talking to himself, or Siamese twins tied at the head?

:D

Boki was just so inefficient tonight! It took him 33 minutes and 13 shots to score his 26 points!!! (sarcasm)

But as JVG would say "who wazzee guardin? How many points did that guy score?" :p

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

When do we play the Nets? :D

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Why doesn't the YES announcer ever call him "Boki"? He always says Bostian and it sounds impersonal.

5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

i think he'd rather sound impersonal than gay! :D

6. Rockets Dynasty

The great Nostrdadomus SamFisher strikes again.

Once again JVG and his defenders proved wrong.

People need to be takin g note of this while they are bashing Spanoulis, saying he cannot play and defending JVG's opinion of him.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Proven wrong by that one game?
    Ok, how about you go back and tell me how he did the 9 or so games before that? :)

I hear Loren Woods had a good game or two once as well. Wait. Hey DaDa, didn't you want him, too? Come to think of it, is there an NBA player you didn't think would be a great player? :D

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Rafer Alston?

:D

I never said Boki was going to be great, just a decent complimentary piece, and I was right.

I do think Loren Woods would be an ok backup to Yao and Deke.....but now that we have Jake...we don't need him.

We DO need a good backup PG though....if only JL3 could pass.

DD

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Actually you said he would be a second option.

7 ppg, due to injuries, on a bad Nets team (notice his big games usually come in losses) =/ second option.

LOL, and Rockets Dynasty aka Ming_7_6, the pathological liar, resurfaces. Got any more anectdotes for us about Nachbar and the time he keyed Vince Carter's car after practice and then dunked on him?

#49 SamFisher, Feb 16, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  10. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

I was pissed when CD traded Boki but it needed to happen to help fix that 04-05 squad on the fly.

Boki was too tenative when he was here but he did make Malone his b****!

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I said he would be a 3rd or 4th option but at BEST a 2nd option. Big difference in what you are typing.

Boki can play, and he is proving it this year......his percentages are up across the board, and he is getting more and more time.

Just another " I TOLD YA SO " to add to my belt.

WOOT !

DD

12. DaDakota

Supporting Member

CD traded him because Boki got in an argument with JVG....we got NOTHING for letting Boki go.....we traded Wesley for Jim Jackson and through in Boki......for salary cap reasons.

I wish Boki was on this team now, we could really use him....JVG was short sighted, IMHO.

DD

13. SamFisher

If your second option, OR third option, OR fourth option scores 7.5 ppg - you're a sh-tty team, like the Nets

He's a backup, on a bad team, and he's putting up ok % because he's hitting his three pointers (not because he's "slashing" like you claimed would be the key to his dominance).

LOL, yeah I'm sure McGrady and Battier would have a seat while Nachbar dominates. Of course Nachbar's defense is so sh-t awful due to his slowness that he wouldn't see the court on this team, so he'd have to go somewhere else to put up big numbers in losses against bad teams.

It's great that you bump this thread and declare your undying affection for him when he plays well but on the nights when he puts up 0-fors (like last week) or commits 5 fouls in 17 minutes (again, like last week) you run and hide. That's why he's not a "second option" like you claimed he would be, and one of the reasons why the Nets suck.

I'm sure glad we got Nachbar and not the next best SF on the draft board - Tayshaun Prince.

#53 SamFisher, Feb 16, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2007
  14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Quit rewriting history and taking leaps of logic to try to prove your point.

You were OWNED by me......AGAIN !

I said that Boki would be a 3rd or 4th option and at BEST a 2nd option....well he is right around the 4th option now, and is still improving......

He is shooting.423 overall and .384 from 3 point range which extrapolates to him shooting fairly well INSDIE the arc, right? In fact he is 63-125 inside the arc for a .504 shooting percentage.

The guy can play, you have been owned again........now go get my slippers towel boy !!!

SCAT !!!!

DD

15. Outlier

Outlier Member

I need a serious answer here,

Why is DD so in love with these scrubs?

Is it because he was once a NBA rookie and he got kicked out in a year, so he's rooting for all these scrubs?

Could it be he has a son that couldn't make the high school basketball team?

What's the source???

16. SamFisher

LOL, yes here is your mighty 2nd, 3rd and 4th option:

Player G GS MPG
    Vince Carter 53 53 37.9 .
    Nenad Krstic 26 26 32.6
    Richard Jefferson 34 33 36.6
    Jason Kidd 52 52 36.9
    Mikki Moore 50 26 24.1
    Eddie House 38 1 16.0
    Marcus Williams 50 1 17.5
    Bostjan Nachbar 47 1 17.6 .
    Antoine Wright 42 18 20.1
    Clifford Robinson 29 1 21.3
    Hassan Adams 40 3 8.7
    Josh Boone 33 0 8.6 .
    Jason Collins 51 50 23.3 .
    Bernard Robinson 4 0 6.0
    Bernard Robinson (TOT) 25 0 10.6
    Mile Ilic 5 0 1.2

Looks a lot more like the 8th or 9th option to me - for a bad team.

17. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I see potential, and where with playing time they will develop into good players.

Especially if they are on the right type of team that can utilize their talents. It can take Euro players a while to adjust but once the bell goes off they usually get it pretty quick.

Boki is just starting to mature and find his way in the NBA game, he was very young when the Rockets had him, and I hate giving up on talent early, especially when they are big, tall, athletic and can shoot.

If we get rid of V-Span the same thing will happen, he will develop into a very solid NBA player for someone else.

What exactly did we get for Boki? 2 years of an over the hill Wesley? We did not need to throw Boki into the trade, it was done because he wanted more playing time and JVG and he got into an argument about it.

Sound familiar?

DD

18. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You don't comprehend much about basketball do you? Is Deke our 5th option because he is a starter?

HELL NO !

Boki is busting out and you can't stand it......well....slippers boy....you are wrong again !!

You said Boki would never shoot over .40% in a year....he is at .423 now and climbing......get ready to eat that hat Sammy.

DD

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Why not Rudy Gay then? Brandon Roy? Randy Foye? Rajon Rondo?

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I like Brandon Roy a LOT !!! A WHOLE lot...I wish we had him on the Rockets. My favorite for ROY...I also like Lamarcus Aldridge.

Randy Foye I think is pretty good but have not watched him much.....

Rudy Gay has all the talent in the world but I loved the Battier trade, as I figured it would take Rudy a while to find his way.

Rajon Rondo, I don't know much about.

There are lots of NBA players I like that are not getting so much court time but I pay more attention to the Rockets players.

Like for instance, I like Reddick but have not kept up with him much since he is not a Rocket.

DD