1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

BOKI gets career night, 1 game after National TNT game

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Boki's numbers last night

min 26:42 fgm-a 10-14 3pm-a 4-7 ftm-a 5-6 rebounds 7 pts 29

2. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I should have also added that Horry was 21 when he was drafted as well...turned 22 in lat August. So Nachbar was older.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Yep, and Horry was more ready at that age than Nachbar no doubt...but, IMHO, Boki may have a higher ceiling than Horry.

DD

4. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

Boki tore our vaunted defense to shreds last night. Who knew he would've become one of the better players in the league besides DaDa :confused:

5. Sextuple Double

He'll come closest to Sean Elliot, who was a good slasher in his prime. But by the time Duncan came, his tank was approaching empty.

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The shark was probably jumped a long time ago, but I think this makes it official.

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't know. DD, I don't agree with you in a lot of things. But what bothers me in this thread is that the Boki doubters keep trying to avoid admitting they were wrong. Instead, they shift the attention to proving how you were wrong in some other things directly or indirectly related to Boki.

And I think you add fuel to the derailing by giving some boneheaded replies. ;)

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I never said you can't change your opinion. It took me about 4 years for me to change my opinion (actually, still waiting to see if he's "broken out"). But watching you post, you change your opinion every week. No player, team, coach changes that many times a month. You hate a player, like a player, hate a team, like a team, hate a coach, like a coach. It's your knee-jerk reaction. Oh yeah, and the fact that you're a liar and hide when confronted with your own quotes. :)

lol. The latest absolute statement from DaDenial. Wait a week, he'll be pissing all over them... ;)

9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

You are just trying to get under my skin, I am not a liar, and one quote from one thread taken out of context is not going to prove anything. Do a search about Boki and my take on him has been consistent from day one.

Your just an instigator, and a DD hater...nothing more !

Yeah, the latest attempt at getting under someone's skin by Dr of Dunce.

Criticizing a team or a player is part of being a fan...just like you and Badiane...remember !!

DD

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Ever talked to a woman? Every week is nothing... :cool:

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Oh I get it....ironic isn't it that all they want to do is come into a thread and say "Well you were wrong about so and so..." yet fail to discuss anything related to the thread topic.

I have always liked Boki and love the style of game he plays, I could see his potential, but it doesn't always pan out, sometimes due to the players fault, sometimes due to the player clashing with the coach, and sometimes a little of both.

There are lots of cases of players that took a few years to develop..Dale Ellis, Jermaine O'Neal etc.....then when those players get to a team that believes in them or better utilizes their talent they explode.

Heck, Steve Nash is a good example too.

But, people can hate, but they can't deny....Boki is a player......
    DD

#351 DaDakota, Mar 10, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2007
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Oh yeah, I remember. That was my biggest blunder as I stated earlier. But do you remember how badly you wanted him without ever having seen him play? Or are you going to lie about this as well? :)

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yes, and that's why I enjoy the single life... lol. :cool:

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i didnt watch the game the other night,
    were there a section of people cheering for Boki?

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

But it IS a true post, Larry Bird said himself that Nique woudn't fit in his Celtics teams because he's the wrong type of player to fit in the Celtics team, ie. selfish. So history itself shows that Nique and Barkley were talented players who didn't know how to win (it all). There's a reason why their names aren't discussed with the Birds, Magics, Michaels...

End of Discussion.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I don't lie about anything Dunce, but you keep on trying to get my goat.....since that is all you got....Badiane was someone that I was HOPING would be good, and clearly he is not going to get there.

But you keep rewriting history, calling people names, if that makes you feel good.

Just so you know...I was right, you were wrong...put that in your pipe and smoke it Dunce boy !

DD

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

These discussions are worthless because if you put Bird on Dominique's team - Larry isn't winning any championships either.

Same goes for Magic, Jordan, etc. -- it's all about the supporting cast. When your supporting cast has HOFers the championships come in bunches.

18. Rockets Dynasty

That's Larry Bird the greatest trash talker of all time.

Dman man come on show a little more knowledge about Dominique before you go making these kind of statements.

Did you see the series the 2nd round of the East playoffs of 87 I believe?

Between the Celtics and Hawks?

If you had seen that you would never think of this guy as any loser.

He competed as hard and did as much and gave as much for his team as any player.

And there was nothing wrong with his bball IQ and on his team the best play WAS for him to try to get his.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Did the Hawks win it all that year? I believe Bird already had 3.

look, if dream wouldn't have won any rings then I'd sadly have to lump him into the Nique Barkley group (although I think he was a way better player, better competitor then them). At the end of the day we look at the scoreboard: 0 rings. And then we pick them apart of why they were such losers and sympathizers can rally around them but at the end of the day they can't get around the fact that their heroes have zero rings.

The other thing, which King Cheetah alluded to, is that Magic Michael and Bird made other players around them greater. Worthy, Cooper, Byron Scott, etc. all benefitted from Magic. Scottie Pippen wouldn't be a sure Hall of Famer without Michael. Parish's career was saved by going to the Celtics and being with Bird. Can you imagine Nique having the ball and there is a wide open Dennis Johnson cutting through for a layup? Nique would have rather attempted a circus behind the backboard shot then passing it.

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The key point is would they be HOFers without Bird Magic and Larry? Certain great players make others better, while others just pile up stats.

Larry on those Hawk teams...yeah he wasn't Jesus, can't make wine out of faucet water...