1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boki close to making a decision

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Faos, Jul 13, 2009.

1. cglede

cglede Contributing Member

man i miss Shandon Anderson... & Derek Anderson SPLASH!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

2. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt Member

I dont miss Boki, he sucked

3. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

I felt like this was 2002 when I read the thread title.

...and does anyone still have that video of his tryout before the draft?

4. Dei

Dei Member

His body probably hasn't had the wear and tear of the usual 7 year NBA vet.

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Wow. Wallace has amazing talent.

I would take Boki. He played well for the Nets.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I honor Boki for punking Karla. I wish I could honor his NBA game, but at least he gave us a couple of good moments as a Rocket. May he find happiness somewhere... just not here.

7. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

Boki is close to signing contract with a Turkish team...

http://blogs.hoopshype.com/blogs/si...omething-dramatic-happens-im-going-to-turkey/

You announced on Twitter yesterday that you were going to make a decision on your new team today or so. Have you made a decision already?

BN: I’m really close to signing a contract with Efes Pilsen, the Turkish champion, for one year. They’ve been calling me for the last two weeks and I’ve been postponing it because I was trying to get a good NBA contract. But I don’t want to let go this offer from Efes because financially it was so much stronger than anything in the States, especially with the market in the NBA being so tight this year and good players getting such low contracts. It’s hard to get a long-term, solid contract. So it makes sense for me to wait one more year and go for free agency then. Unless something dramatic happens today, it looks like I’m going to sign with Efes Pilsen.

From the basketball standpoint your first choice was the NBA, though. Right?

BN: Yeah, yeah, of course. When problems started happening in Russia, I spoke to my agents and told them to start looking for a team in the NBA. There was a lot of interest. I had to say probably there was a lot more interest than last summer. Not probably; for sure. There were more teams calling, there were more teams in conversations. But it’s a tight market this summer. As you can see, a lot of teams are saving money for next year’s free agents. So it’s tough to get a long-term deal, which is what I was looking for. You know, a three- or four-year deal that would bring some security. I made my mind that it’s probably the best decision to play here one more year instead of landing just a one-year deal in the NBA. A lot of times, it’s just a matter of timing. Looks like this summer it was a bad time for me to do that.

Can you name any of the NBA teams that were expressing interest?

BN: There were really a lot. I don’t want to put anybody out there on the spot because I was asked not to talk about it. What I can say is, there were teams (interested) that I have played for before and some teams that I haven’t. You can figure out what those are. Let’s say that there were at least 10-15 teams that called last season or this offseason, so there was a lot of interest. But those teams were not able to offer anything at this point. What they were offering, I was not interested in.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Malone flopped.

9. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

Boki was so good we pass up on Prince and Boozer. Good job Dawson ;)

10. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

Karl Malone

11. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

12. stthomsfinest

stthomsfinest Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpkK2Mbk6Gs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpkK2Mbk6Gs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was a Boki fan when he was with the Rockets and wish we could've kept him. I remember one season with the Nets where it seemed like he was going to be in the running for a sixth man award and was dunking on PF's and C's night after night (Tim Duncan, Jermaine O'Neal, Elton Brand, Tyson Chandlier, Drew Gooden, Kmart, Sam Dalembert were all victims of a Boki poster). People knocked him on some of his flaws of not being an all-rounder but we didn't need him to do too much. Just used his strengths to the max which was 3pters and slashing. He would've fit perfectly with the Rockets lately. If defenders gave him space, it'd be money. If they bit on a pump fake or guard him close, he'd slash them for a slam. What more could you ask for from a guy?

13. Big Shot Rob

Big Shot Rob Member

Always enjoyed Murph's commentary.

"Did you see what I saw?!"

14. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

That means Rockets and Nets are interested in him?

15. superden

superden Contributing Member

Man, that reminded me why I hate Karl Malone so much. Boki was the MAN!

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

well, he *did* say "teams" that he had played for, and to my recollection he only played for Houston and NJ....so I would say you are correct.

I dont care if Boki never does another thing in the NBA, I will forever treasure my Boki bobblehead purely because of what it signifies.....his b****slapping of Karla.